Chapter (43): Battle of Exes

Wren was in the bathroom, brushing her teeth, with a towel wrapped around her waist after her morning shower. Madeline entered the bathroom with a small smile and she instantly wrapped her arms around Wren's waist, leaning her head on her back.

Wren grinned and held the hands circled around her as she used the other hand to wipe her mouth.

Madeline pulled back a little, planting her lips on the skin, kissing the marks all over her back from their steamy night and Wren chuckled.

"Are they still red?" asked Wren, looking at their reflection in the mirror.

"Just a little but I didn't know I had it in me. The ferocious Madeline." She smiled sheepishly. "How are your hickeys?"

"I should ask you that." She smirked and Madeline slapped her back lightly. "Well..." She sighed, turning around with her body. "You tell me how they are."

Madeline took a step back and her eyes began wandering over Wren's body that was full of hickeys on her collarbone, her hips, her stomach then a smile crept across her face.

"I'm such a Picasso."

They laughed together. "I'm grateful you didn't give me one on my neck though."

She moaned to herself, biting her lower lip. "I wanted to but I know you don't like it."

Wren rolled her eyes with a smile. "It's not that I don't like it. It's just if one of my employees saw it, the whole company would leave their work and talk about it and that would leave a bad impression."

She sighed. "Yeah, you're right." She frowned a little. "But why do I always get one on my neck?" She touched her neck, checking her hickeys.

"One; You love it when I bite you." She winked. "Two; They really, really look good on you."

Madeline laughed softly and turned to the shower stall, taking off her clothes while Wren was watching her with full enjoyment.

"I'm gonna take a shower."

Her lips turned into a smirk. "Uh-huh and I'm gonna head out before I could give you some marks other places. Again."

Madeline nodded and got under the water while Wren went back to the room. Wren opened the closet and pulled out her clothes for the day then placed them on the bed. The sound of the running water intrigued her a bit in her place and she smiled to herself. She slowly walked back in the bathroom and caught Madeline rubbing her skin with soap. Wren slid the shower stall's door and stepped inside with Madeline and smiled.

"On second thought," Madeline turned around with a blank face but then smiled. "I still have time for one more round." She pushed her against the tile, making Madeline giggle at her action and they both locked lips under the water.

.....................................................

Georgina was at her desk, talking on the phone with someone with a low voice and she seemed upset that Emily noticed her tensed facial expression. Georgina met Emily's eyes and got up from her seat with her phone, talking with angry whispers and she bumped into Wren while turning around the corner.

"Sorry." she said avoiding her eyes and continued her talks with the other person on the phone then stopped talking on the phone and met Wren's eyes. "Do you need anything from me? It's just I have an urgent phone call."

"No."

"I just need to finish this call and will be ready for the meeting. It'll be quick." she said and Wren nodded understandingly.

Wren walked to her office and right before she could grab the knob, the elevator door opened and Joseph came out, wearing his coat over his classic suit and putting on his best smile.