Chapter (34): Harsh Truth

Georgina was at her desk across from Emily's as usual, doing her job and her mind went back thinking about Wren. Her lips, her strong aroma from her cologne, her honey brown eyes, her soft yet tight body, her black and brown locks, her sharp jawline.

She was trying to ignore Wren's androgyny aesthetic features that drove all women insane, but it was hard. Seeing her every day and knowing that someone else took her, was a harsh reality on Georgina, it made her chest tighten.

Wren came out of her office and motioned with her index for Georgina to come to the office immediately and she stood up, adjusting her black skirt as she made her way to the office, closing the door behind her.

"Go make five copies of these papers and I want them to be ready in less than 15 minutes and tell Emily to get the meeting room ready. We're having a meeting in about half an hour and it's important." She took a deep breath, handing the papers to Georgina. Georgina's stared down at a metal on Wren's finger. She was sure that it wasn't just any ring, it was an engagement ring.

Georgina gazed at the ring for a sec with a small frown then turned her attention back to Wren as she spoke again. "I don't want any mistakes, alright? We had problems with the client before and I want everything to be perfect, and when I say perfect I mean it literally." she said the last sentence sternly and Georgina gave her a confident nod. Georgina walked outside the office with the papers clutched in her arms, holding them to her chest as her feet carried her to Emily's desk.

"Hey, Emily?"

"Yeah." She answered without meeting her eyes.

"We need the meeting room ready. There's a meeting with Mrs. Caulfield in about half an hour and I need to make copies of these so."

She sighed putting her pen down. "Alright"

"Hey, Emily?" she asked again.

"Whaaaat?" she asked with a bored tone.

"I just... have you seen Wren's ring? The one she's wearing."

Emily smirked knowing Georgina's upcoming question. "Yes. Yes, I noticed the ring." She took a deep breath. "In fact, that's an engagement ring. Wren Clermont's engagement ring." Georgina's face fell a little when Emily confirmed her fears.

"So, she's engaged. She's getting married" she muttered under her breath and Emily smiled more.

"Yes, she's getting married to her fiancée, you know, the one who used to be her girlfriend, the gorgeous brunette with sparkling blue eyes." Emily stood up from her chair and walked to the side of her desk, getting closer to Georgina's ear. "You were never good enough for her, Georgina. I'm glad she found someone better than you because you don't deserve her love and devotion."

With that she walked to the meeting room, leaving Georgina with her thoughts. Georgina was fuming in her place and also felt and tasted the sadness for the first time in a very long time. Wren was her one and only, till she broke what they used to have and pushed her away. She knew that Emily was teasing her with the news and indeed it made her blood boil, so she decided to get her revenge.

She walked to the meeting room and closed the door behind her, grabbing Emily's attention.

"Maybe Wren has someone else now, but I don't know if you know that Dave and I used to be together for a while and he was betraying his step-sister with me because he's a jerk, and guess what... he loved every second he was with me and I'm sure that he thinks about me at night when he's with you. In bed."

"What?" Emily frowned and swallowed the lump in her throat. She never knew that there was something between Georgina and Dave. The fact that Georgina not only cheated on Wren with her two best friends but also with her step-brother shocked her and also offended her.