Chapter (42): A Tingle of Jealousy

Three days later, their lives went back on the right track with no trauma, no nightmares, no fear. Just comfort and safety like they used to be. Madeline told the group what really happened with her and Wren and they were scared when she told them the story and Eva almost panicked in her seat, but Wren calmed her down saying that the cops caught him and she was able to identify him and he is locked up in prison for good.

Georgina checked on Wren every once in a while during her work, giving her what she needed and gave her a friendly talk like they used to which helped Wren to forget about what scared her the most. What Wren didn't know about, was Georgina's strong feelings towards her as she kept throwing flirty words at her, but Wren was so dense to pick them up because her heart was already occupied with Madeline.

Around 5:00 PM, Wren was in her room getting ready to attend Sarah's fashion show, but Madeline was in her apartment getting dressed and will meet her there.

Wren wore a marron silk dress shirt, leaving it halfway opened, revealing her necklace, and over the shirt was a marron and black thin striped dress jacket and matching pants and black shoes. She styled her hair and wore her cologne and the new watch that Madeline bought for her since the other one was stolen. She headed outside the house to her car, scrolling down her phone for Madeline's name.

"Hey." said Wren.

"Hi. You there yet?"

"Just getting in the car."

"I'm on my way in a cab."

"I could've picked you up."

"I know but Sarah just wanted me at the office first then go straight to the show. I'm sorry."

"No, it's fine. See you there."

"See you."

She hung up and inserted the key, pressed the start button and pulled out of her driveway.

...................................................

Madeline was backstage with Sarah, helping her with handling the models' clothes and their make-up. Till now she hasn't seen Wren because she was busy, but she knew she arrived an hour ago and was sitting among the crowd, waiting for the show to begin and being patient to see her.

She slightly opened the door and scanned the crowd, looking for Wren and she spotted her talking with Monique as they walked to the chairs, taking a seat together.

"Madeline, is everything ready?" asked Antony.

"Yes."

"Okay, let the show begin then" He said, offering his arm for her to loop his and then they walked outside to watch the show with the others.

After the show was finished, people started getting up from their seats and head for the other room where the party was held. Wren got up from her seat, looking around for Madeline but couldn't find her, so she pulled out her phone and was about to contact her but stopped when she saw her across the room, with a bright smile across her face.

Wren's jaw dropped and her eyebrows shot upwards when her eyes raked over Madeline's attire. She was wearing a burgundy deep backless dress with thin straps, holding the dress and it fit her figure perfectly, showing every inch and every curve of her body. Her brown hair was in half updo and her make-up was light like she liked, showing her sparkling blue orbs, her soft plump pink lips and her long eyelashes.

Madeline started walking to Wren, grinning at her and ended up laughing softly when Wren looked her up and down with an arched eyebrow.

"Holy Clermont..." said Wren. "Y-You..." She exhaled. "You look really breathtaking. Literally breathtaking!" She wolf whistled and grabbed Madeline's hand, twirling her around, earning a soft giggle from her in return. "I can't breathe right now. No wonder you didn't want me to pick you up." Wren pulled Madeline closer by her waist and leaned down to her ear. "I'm really confused on whether I want you to keep the dress on or I want to see you naked."