Chapter (50): Infernal Deed

Two days later, Wren was still in New York with the others. They had two meetings and still nothing new yet they were persistent on having the clients back with them on the same track.

Madeline visits her mother after work and she hangs out with her friends including Nate who makes her laugh and enjoy her time. She told her family and friends about Nate, and Eva of course knew him, but she noticed he was being a little flirty towards Madeline, but Madeline payed him no attention which made Eva relieved.

Wren calls Madeline every night to remind her how much she loves her and she will soon reunite with her, but Madeline could sense the hard time Wren was having with her meetings. She offered to come and help, but Wren refused, giving reason why she shouldn't come and Madeline understood.

Wren, Eleanor and Georgina were waiting outside the meeting room as the clients were inside discussing the offer privately that they presented.

"Do you think they like it?" asked Georgina.

Wren turned to her, sighing. "Let's hope for the best."

Just as Eleanor was about to speak, the door got opened by one of the clients and he was smiling as the other one followed him outside.

"We have read the contract and discussed it and, uh," He exchanged glances with his partner. "we agree." He smiled widely. "It has profits for our company and so is yours. It's the best solution we have at the moment."

"We can call it a deal?" asked Eleanor.

"Indeed, Mrs. Clermont." said the other client.

One of them extended his hand to Wren and she gladly held it firmly in her hand. "It was nice doing business with you again, Wren."

"Likewise, Mr. Johnson, and I'm sorry we were the reason why this all happened in the first place. It was our fault."

He shook her hand. "It's settled now. We're looking forward to see the results and work with you again."

"Thank you." she said before they walked past her to the building's elevator.

The elevator door closed and Wren whirled around at Eleanor who hugged her from the satisfaction while Georgina smiled.

"I can't believe the nightmare is over." said Wren, pulling away from the hug.

Eleanor chuckled. "Me neither."

"Finally, we can go home" said Wren through her chuckles. "I'm gonna call Madeline." She was about to walk but then stopped. "You know what? I'm gonna surprise her tomorrow when I go back. She's so gonna be overwhelmed."

"I can't believe I'll be home with Henry. You know he calls me every night and keeps whining about how he feels lonely without me."

Wren laughed lightly, shaking her head. "That's what they call love."

"More like addiction." said Eleanor chuckling. "Anyhow, I'm gonna head upstairs to my room and have a deep sleep. I barely slept in the last few days."

Wren smiled. "That makes two of us."

Eleanor walked past Wren, and Georgina turned to Wren, smiling widely and Wren cocked her eyebrow in response.

"What?" asked Wren.

"We're leaving tomorrow, right?"

"Yeah."

"So, that means we won't see New York again."

Wren chuckled. "Get to the point, Georgina."

"I was just wondering if I could go clubbing or something."