Chapter (47): Breaking The News

Wren woke up before Madeline and decided to make her breakfast since she was tired from last night's events. She grabbed the ingredients and started preparing the breakfast for her. A short while later, Madeline woke up to the smell of French toast and eggs in the morning. She rubbed her eyes from the sleepiness and stretched her body as she swung her legs by the side of the bed and started walking to where the aroma led.

Wren was serving the food in the plates and felt arms wrapped around her from behind and soft lips, pressed against her cheek.

"Hey, what're you doing here up so early?" asked Madeline against her back.

"I was supposed to serve you breakfast in the bed, but I guess I should've woken up earlier than that. My plan has failed."

Madeline chuckled dislodging her arms from Wren and went by her side, checking the food. "You were tired since last night and I just wanted to apologize properly to you, you know." She shrugged.

"No need. We talked about it and I forgive you but also I'm sorry that I didn't trust you. I guess I was afraid of losing you because of some other woman and you know how it is. You could say I was a bit insecure and jealous especially the Georgina part."

Wren smiled and pulled Madeline by her PJ shirt, leading her to giggle before connecting their lips together. Madeline smiled against her lips and grabbed the back of her head, eagerly pulling her closer for an intense kiss in the morning. Wren pulled back softly, closing her eyes and leaned her forehead against Madeline's before kissing it.

"By the way, your dad called and he said that your mom's awake. She's a little bit tired from the accident but she's fine." Wren pulled back to look at Madeline. "So I was thinking if you wanna go today I can take you to her."

"But you'll be late to work?"

Wren smiled and brushed her cheek. "It's just work. It's not like it's gonna go anywhere, so what do you say?"

Madeline grinned and nodded slowly.

"Now let's have breakfast."

She grabbed her hand and pulled the chair for her as she served her the breakfast and joined her.

....................................................

They walked hand in hand through the hospital hallway, looking for Lena's room that was in the second floor. They reached the room and Madeline knocked lightly on the door and then entered with Wren following her.

Lena was sitting on the bed with a cast and arm sling for her arm and she had a few bruises on her face and body like the doctor said, but when she smiled at both of them, Madeline felt comfort and relief and in return squeezed Wren's hand.

"Mom," she said softly, taking her hand back from Wren and went by the side of the bed to her mother. "You scared me so much. I was there, I saw the ambulance taking you, I was so scared."

Her eyes were glassy as she spoke every single word and her mom reached up with her good hand and wiped the tear that nearly rolled down her cheek. Wren walked over to them and smiled warmly at Lena who returned the smile and looked back at her daughter while Wren stroked her back gently.

"I'm okay, honey." said Lena with a calm voice. "I'm a journalist, remember? I'm strong enough to handle a broken arm and a few bruises on my face and body." She joked, earning a chuckle from Madeline as she wiped her tears.

"Yeah, you're right." said Madeline, grabbing her mother's hand and pulled it upward to her cheek. "You're Lena Anderson."

"It's nice to see you, Wren."