Chapter One

Myrtle awoke to her dog hitting her on her left foot with her left paw. Myrtle opened her eyes to see her dog standing on the end of her bed. She got out of bed and got dressed in pants, a shirt and a jacket then put on her boots. Come on Blue, Myrtle said. Blue walked to the door and she opened the door to let him outside. 

Myrtle walked outside after she also had a bathroom break. As she walked to the district 12 fence, blue walked beside her. Once they got past the fence easily since she learned from Katniss that the fence wasn't always electrified.

They walked until they got to the lake where Myrtle grabbed her fishing net of the ground where five fish now dead. Myrtle carried her fishing net and walked along the forest to reach her three snares where she had only caught two now dead rabbits. She undid both snares and put both their bodies in a bag she had hidden under some grass that she had picked out from the ground to use to cover the bag.

Myrtle eventually found some black berries  and picked some of them to eat since she hadn't eaten in five days. She picked a few more black berries for her younger brother and sister while their mom also helped getting them food and water from what she earned working as another healer like Katniss and her best friend Primrose's mom.

Blue let out a bark. Myrtle turned around to face Blue. She watched as he picked up a small stick in his mouth only to let it drop at her feet. Blue let out two more barks as he wagged his tail and got into a playful position.

She picked up the stick and threw it, to which blue ran to get the stick and brought it back to drop at her feet. She picked up the stick  and threw it  a second time as blue ran for the stick happily which made Myrtle happy.

⁕                                                     ⁕                                                         ⁕

Myrtle and blue arrived back home and Myrtle cooked the fish. Flint and dawn ran up to myrtle crying and hugged her. Please stay home, dawn sobbed. I saw you get killed in the hunger games by a older girl, flint also sobbed. Can't we run away? dawn asked Myrtle.

No, if we did and possibly got caught by the peacekeepers we would become Avoxes  and spend our lives working for the capitol citizens and tributes as servants and waiters  and our tongues would be cut out rendering us mute, Myrtle responded. 

I'll be ok even if my name is picked today, I signed up for Tessera when I turned twelve years old and if I get picked and win or die, at least you will all have one years supply of grain and oils collected on a monthly basis, if my name isn't picked I will continue signing up for Tessera until I'm over eighteen years old, Myrtle added. Myrtle brought her siblings in for a hug as she did her best to comfort them.

Myrtle, flint, and dawn's mom came out of her bedroom wiping away tears while they were eating the fish. Blue had already finished eating his fish and drinking his water. Mom I'll be fine, even if my name is picked, Katniss has taught me to use a bow and arrow and Gale has helped me too, Myrtle told her mom. I can't bear to lose you, I've already lost my husband to the mine explosion, her mom said. But don't worry I know how to protect myself, I can use a weapon if I have to, Myrtle told her mom.

Myrtle did her best to hide her fear of the possibility of her name being picked since she didn't want to die, she also feared her siblings and friends name being picked and didn't want to lose another person she cared about. If I do end up in the hunger games, I can hide until there is only one tribute left and I can easily kill them from behind, Myrtle thought to herself as she drank her water. 

Once Myrtle was finished eating and drinking she went into her bedroom and put on her blue dress since blue was her favorite color, which was why she names her dog blue. Lets head to the square now  , get this over with so we can get back home, their mom said. I just hope that none of your names ever get reaped, their mom told them.

Edit: I just corrected the first paragraph of this chapter.