Chapter Fifteen

Myrtle arrived to the Everdeen home and sat down with Primrose, Mrs. Everdeen and Gale to watch the hunger games. Myrtle was surprised to see Katniss awake and eating with the girl from district 11 and they were talking to each other.

Well it only took Katniss only a couple of days to finally wake up and with two more tributes dead Katniss has more of a chance to win even though it'll be sad if Rue is killed since she's only a kid, Myrtle thought to herself.

It's sad that Katniss and Rue being allies won't last since one of the will die or both of them will die, Myrtle said. This is why I hate the hunger games, these kids and teens sent to kill each other or be killed by what's inside the games, Mrs. Everdeen said.

I wish the hunger games never existed, Myrtle said. Me too, Primrose agreed. Same, Gale agreed. I wish the same thing, Mrs. Everdeen agreed.

Myrtle smiled seeing Katniss sharing her food with Rue and Rue eating it. It would be great if they could both stay alive and stay friends if it wasn't for that rule for there to only be one winner, Myrtle thought to herself, which saddened her.

⁓                              ⁓                           ⁓

Myrtle and Primrose lay beside each other looking up at the stars. I'm not prepared to see if Katniss or Rue dies, Myrtle told Primrose. Neither am I And I just want my sister back, Primrose replied.

I want Katniss back too even though I don't want Rue to die and it's sad there that can only be one winner, Myrtle told Primrose. I fear and hate the hunger games, I had a nightmare I was a tribute and being chased and killed by other tributes, Primrose told Myrtle.

At least it was only a nightmare and not real, I can't imagine how terrified you were ,Myrtle told Primrose. When was go you're nightmare? Myrtle questioned Primrose. The day of the hunger games and after I woke up Katniss was there to comfort me, Primrose answered Myrtle.

Good to know and I hope you never end up in the hunger games which would only probably happen if I'm dead because I would volunteer for you and because we'd all hate to lose you , Myrtle told Primrose. 

Anyway enough talking about sad stuff, let's enjoy looking at the stars before we have to Beth go back home for the night, Myrtle told Primrose. Ok, Primrose agreed. I do wonder how many stars there are, Primrose told Myrtle.

I have no idea and I would love to know especially with bow big they really are and with color they really are since they appear to look yellow or white, Myrtle told Primrose.