Chapter Eighteen

Myrtle walked Blue back in her house after being done with playing fetch with the stick for the day then she sat back on the couch with her family to continue watching the Hunger Games. Myrtle saw both Katniss and Peeta and Cato's dead body.

After so long we have winners from our district, Lavender said. Yes! Myrtle happily said. I'm so happy Katniss won and Peeta too and for sure wo are Primrose and Mrs. Everdeen and everyone else, Myrtle added. And may the odds be ever in your favor.

Attention, attention, Tributes, there has been s slight rule change, the previous revision allowing for two district from the same district, has been revoked. Only one Victor may be crowned. Good luck, Seneca Crane announced. 

This angered Myrtle so she let out a scream of her anger. No, no, no, no, no, Lavender yelled in rage. I hate the Hunger games and the capital so much, Myrtle told her family. Why did her change the rule in the first place and then change it back for there only to be only one winner? Myrtle questioned her mom.

I wish I knew, Lavender answered Myrtle. I hope Katniss wins, Flint said. I hate this rule, Dawn said. As do I, Lavender told her children. Same here, Myrtle replied. I just want to kill the capitol for this, Myrtle said. It's better that you don't or else you know what they would do to you, Lavender told Myrtle.

I know mom, this just has me so angry, And I don't want the worst happening to me, Myrtle told her mom.

Myrtle watched as Katniss dropped her bow and walked toward Peeta. Katniss and Peeta talked then Katniss revealed nightlock berries in her hand. Peeta grabbed for Katniss's hand and Katniss grabbed onto his hands. Katniss and Peeta talked shortly then Katniss moved their hands.

Katniss let some of the nightlock berries fall into Peeta's hand. Oh no, Myrtle thought to herself. Are they really going to kill themselves mom, Dawn questioned her mom. We'll have to wait and see, Lavender answered Dawn. This is going to be hard for Primrose, Mrs. Everdeen and the rest of us if Katniss dies, Myrtle said.

Katniss and Peeta moved their hand with the nightlock berries closer to their mouths. Stop! Stop! Seneca Crane pleaded with Katniss and Peeta. Katniss and Peeta both stopped and looked up. Ladies and gentlemen, may I present the winners of the 74th Annual Hunger Games, Seneca Crane announced.

Katniss hugged Peeta and her returned the hug. Katniss and Peeta's hug was interrupted when the hovercraft arrived to pick the both of them up.

Yes! Myrtle happily said. I can't wait until Katniss gets back, I'm going over to see Primrose, Myrtle added. Be back on time for supper Myrtle, Lavender reminded Her. Don't worry, I'll be back on time mom, Myrtle said.