Chapter Nine

Myrtle awake to feeling someone shake her shoulder. Let me sleep just a bit longer, Myrtle said. Myrtle, it's me Gale, I've got food, wake up, it's 8:02 and your date with Prim is at 10:00, Gale told Myrtle. Myrtle sat up and got out out of bed. Gale handed Myrtle a plate of meat and Myrtle took it. Thanks Gale, Myrtle thanked Gale. Myrtle began eating.

So will you also teach my siblings how to set traps and hunt on our next hunting trip? Myrtle questioned Gale. Of course, Gale answered Myrtle. Good, because I need Flint and Dawn to know this just in case I ever get reaped to be in the hunger games and do 't survive it, Myrtle told Gale.

I believe you would win the hunger games, Gale told Myrtle. Maybe unless I get found and killed in my sleep or get snuck up on, Myrtle told Gale. Myrtle continued eating her food and soon finished.

You better not do anything to hurt Prim or else, Gale warned Myrtle. Believe me I won't since I don't want to ever lose her or see her sad or hurt, Myrtle told Gale. Good to know, Gale replied. 

I miss Katniss, I hope she wins and comes back, Myrtle told Gale. I hope so too, I miss her too, Gale told Myrtle. I'll see you later, Gale said, Later, Myrtle said. Gale walked out her room and Myrtle got up and brushed her hair. 

After she was done brushing her hair she grabbed the plate and left her room to go to the kitchen. Her mom, siblings and dog were there and awake. Gale brought us all food, Dawn said. Hand me the cloths you were wearing before so I can bring it to Hazelle to wash, Lavender told her children.

Myrtle walked back to her room and grabbed her clothes. She walked back to her mom and handed her mom her clothes to have washed while Dawn and Flint did the same. Lavender left the house holding her children's clothes. 

Eventually Lavender returned back home at 11:38. I lost track of time talking to Hazelle, Lavender said. I'll be going to get Primrose now, Myrtle said. Have fun on your date, Lavender told Myrtle. I will, Myrtle replied. 

⁓                                       ⁓                                       ⁓

Myrtle and Primrose arrived to the lake and set down their extra clothes and towel. They both walked into the water. Once they got deep enough Myrtle breathe in air and swam underwater. Primrose also breath in air and swam after Myrtle underwater.

Myrtle swam a few feet then did a underwater flip to turn around and saw Primrose following behind her underwater too. Primrose stopped in front of Myrtle.  This is fun, it also sucks that we can't talk while being underwater, Myrtle thought to herself.

Myrtle put her hand out and Primrose looked down then grabbed her hand. Myrtle used her free left hand to continue swimming while moving her legs then she turned her head to see Primrose following beside her.

Soon Myrtle felt Primrose letting go of her hand and swimming upward so She followed behind Primrose. Myrtle finally reached the surface of the water and breath in air. How long can you go without breathing? primrose questioned Myrtle. A few minutes, Myrtle answered Primrose. I wish I could go as long without breathing water like you can, Primrose told Myrtle.

Eventually with enough practice you will be able to, I'll teach you how to go without breathing for minutes every time we come here to swim, Myrtle told Primrose. I'd like that, Primrose replied. That's good to know, and besides you can also try a few more times with holding your breath underwater before we have to go back home, Myrtle replied.

We can even do underwater flips, Myrtle added. Of course, that looks fun too, Primrose told Myrtle. I know, right? Myrtle said. Right, Primrose agreed smiling. Come on now, let's see who makes it to the other side of the lake first, Myrtle challenged Primrose. Myrtle began swimming fast and using her strength. 

Eventually Myrtle made it there first. Myrtle stood up and watched Primrose finally reach her. Your so fast, Primrose told Myrtle. I know, Myrtle replied. Myrtle began to swim back to the other side with Primrose following beside her.

Well that was fun and exhausting, Myrtle said breathing heavily. Myrtle then floated on her back and relaxed. We can also do that more often, Primrose said. When ever we come here to swim we'll do that again, Myrtle said.

⁓                             ⁓                          ⁓

Primrose and myrtle finished squeezing the water out of their hair and they both put their own wet towel on their shoulder. I had a great time again, Primrose told Myrtle. I'm glad, I also had a great time, Myrtle told Primrose.

Primrose leaned In and kissed Myrtle's check which made Myrtle blush and smile. I'll see you again tonight to look at the stars, Primrose told Myrtle. I'm looking forward to every night looking at the stars with you, Myrtle told Primrose. Same here, Primrose replied.