Chapter Seventeen

Myrtle smiled when Katniss kissed Peeta but then felt sad for them since there could be only one winner unless they died together. It would be great if they both could win the Hunger games but I doubt that'll happen, Myrtle said.

You never know, President Snow might allow for there to be two winners if both Katniss and Peeta are the last two surviving tributes, Lavender told Myrtle. It would be great if that happened, Myrtle said.

After Katniss had ended the kiss with Peeta, she lay down with her head on him. Have you and Primrose have your first kiss with each other yet? Dawn questioned Myrtle. No not yet, Myrtle answered Dawn.

Then when? Dawn questioned Myrtle. When we're both ready, Myrtle answered Dawn. Will you tell us when that happens Myrtle, Dawn questioned Myrtle. Yes, I'll let you know after Primrose and I have our first kiss, Myrtle answered Fawn.

The thought of kissing Primrose or Primrose kissing her made Myrtle feel both excited and nervous. I have no idea when it is the right time to kiss Primrose unless she kisses me first, Myrtle thought to herself.

Blue barked causing Myrtle to look over at her. Blue bent down and picked up the stick in her mouth. I'll be back, Blue wants to play, mom, Myrtle said.

Myrtle got up and walked to the door to go outside. Blue dropped the stick in front of Myrtle. She picked up the stick and threw it and watched Blue run after it and brought it back to her. Myrtle picked up the stick and threw it again while Blue ran after it.

Myrtle smiled at Blue having fun which she found fun herself to play fetch with Blue. I'm going to miss Blue so much after she dies of old age or if I end up in the hunger games and get killed by another tribute, Myrtle thought to herself.

Blue returned and Myrtle gently grabbed the stick and threw it. Blue ran after the stick and then ran back to Myrtle and waited for her to throw the stick again which Myrtle did and Blue ran after the stick.