Chapter Thirteen

Myrtle sat on the grass beside Gale in the woods while Flint and Dawn were rubbing Blue's belly. Myrtle smiled at the sight especially with Blue loving the attention and having her belly rubbed. 

 I can't wait until the hunger games to end so Katniss can come back, that is if she wins, Myrtle said. I'm sure she will win, Gale replied. Apart of me wishes I volunteered for Primrose so that Primrose and Mrs. Everdeen wouldn't be going through this however then my family, the Everdeen family and you would be fearing for me, Myrtle told Gale.

I believe you would win the hunger games, Gale told Myrtle. Thanks, I'm glad to hear that, hopefully I never get reaped and that Primrose doesn't get reaped again because if she does then I'll be volunteering for her even though it will put my family through pain I know my siblings will still have mom and you, Myrtle told Gale.

What would you do to win if you were a tribute in the hunger games? Gale questioned Myrtle. I would probably hide until there's one other tribute left and kill them with whatever weapon I have, Myrtle answered Gale.

Blue walked up to Myrtle and lay on her lap and closed her eyes so Flint and Dawn moved to sit closer to Myrtle. I can't wait until the hunger games is over, Flint said. Same, Myrtle told Flint. Me too, Dawn said. I can't wait either, Gale said.

 I'm not looking forward to having to go back home to possibly hear bad news about Katniss, Myrtle said. Well it's getting dark, all of you should head back home now, Gale said. Well that doesn't stop me from looking at the stars every night behind our home, Myrtle told Gale.

Gale got up. I'll see you all tomorrow, Gale said. Ok, Flint and Dawn agreed.  We'll see you tomorrow then, Myrtle told Gale. Gale walked away to go back home for the night. Myrtle carefully moved Blue off her and got up. Come on, it's time to go home now, Myrtle told her siblings.

Flint and dawn got up. Myrtle began walking which made Flint, Dawn and Blue follow her. When it's dark we can look at the stars, Myrtle told Flint and Dawn. Ok, Flint and Dawn both agreed.