Chapter Ten

Myrtle focused on cleaning the dusk in her bedroom to try and avoid thinking about how today was the day of the hunger games and to avoid seeing Katniss possible dying. Myrtle you should go and be there for prim, I'll be here for Dawn and Flint, Lavender told Myrtle.

I'm not sure if I want to see Katniss possibly getting killed, Myrtle replied. Tears formed at Myrtle's eyes and she shed tears. Myrtle held back her sobs and hurried to wipe her tears with the sleeve of her shirt.

The thought of possibly seeing Katniss getting killed both scared and saddened Myrtle with Katniss being one of her friends. Don't cry, calm down, don't cry, Myrtle whispered to herself while holding back her tears.

I'm not ready to possibly lose Katniss, not after loosing dad, Myrtle told her mom. I know, Lavender told Myrtle. Lavender pulled Myrtle in for a hug. It's ok for you to cry, Lavender told Myrtle. Myrtle finally broke down crying and she hugged her mom back for comfort.

I'm positive based on Katniss's skills and ability with her bow and arrow she will win, Lavender told Myrtle as she did her best to comfort Myrtle. I hope you're right mom because I'm not the only one who wants Katniss to return alive, Myrtle said. 

⁓                                   ⁓                               ⁓

Myrtle arrived to the Everdeen's place and saw Primrose and  Mrs. Everdeen sitting on the couch already watching the hunger games. Myrtle walked over and sat beside Primrose and also watched silently.

Myrtle watched as Katniss was running and picked up a bag and continued running until she fell and a boy was ready to kill her with his weapon. Myrtle held her breath in fear and worry for Katniss. Oh no, Katniss is going to be killed and there's nothing any of us can do to save her, Myrtle thought to herself.

The boy ready to kill Katniss had a weapon thrown at him by a female tribute which made him fall and luckily saved Katniss's life which made Myrtle happy. The female tribute the threw her weapon at Katniss however Katniss used her bag to block it which also made her happy.

The female tribute then ran away and Katniss got up and ran in the different direction towards the woods. While Katniss was running towards the woods she pulled the bad over her shoulders as the few other tributes continued fighting and killing.

 Myrtle watched as Katniss was running she ran into a female tribute with red hair who was also running and they both fell to the ground. They both got up and faced other. Myrtle noticed the red haired tribute was pretty and she looked scared. 

While Myrtle did acknowledge she found the red haired tribute was pretty it wouldn't change for she felt for her girlfriend Primrose. The red haired tribute and Katniss ran in different directions and avoided milling the other which made Myrtle feel relieved for now.

I'm glad Katniss is still alive, I just hope she wins this, Myrtle said. I hope so too, Mrs. Everdeen said. Me too, Primrose said. How long will you be staying? Primrose questioned Myrtle. Until tonight unless you want me to stay and we can have a sleepover then I'll have to back home tomorrow, Myrtle answered Primrose.

As usual your welcome to spend the night Myrtle, Mrs. Everdeen told Myrtle, Thank you Mrs. Everdeen. Thanks mom, Primrose told her mom. Your both welcome, Myrtle I'll go later and let your mother know you're staying the night, Mrs. Everdeen told Myrtle. Myrtle, Primrose and Mrs. Everdeen then continued to watch the hunger games.