Chapter Eight

Myrtle and Blue finally arrived home and once they entered inside Blue lay down and closed her eyes. How was your date? Lavender asked Myrtle. It was great and Primrose and I are going swimming again tomorrow without Blue this time since we will be swimming underwater so we don't worry her, Myrtle answered smiling.

Myrtle when are you and Primrose going to get married? Dawn asked Myrtle. Myrtle's jaw dropped in surprise. Dawn stood looking up at Myrtle smiling. Me and Primrose are both only twelve years old Dawn and we won't be getting married anytime soon, Myrtle answered Dawn.

Well you and Primrose have already been on two dates, when's the wedding? Dawn asked Myrtle. Maybe in a few years if Primrose and I are both still alive and together, Myrtle answered Dawn.

I hope neither of you die then because I'll miss you both, Dawn told Myrtle. I know you will if that ever happens, Myrtle told Dawn. I will too, Flint told Myrtle. We won't have to worry until the next hunger games, Myrtle told her siblings.

I hate the hunger games, Flint and Dawn said at the same time. I hate it too, Myrtle replied. As do I, Lavender told her children. Can't we just end the hunger games? Dawn questioned. I don't see how we can pull that off because President Snow would have us and anyone else killed, Lavender told Dawn.

Well it's not like we can over throw President Snow and the Capital to end the hunger games, Myrtle said. I'd rather not end up getting us killed Myrtle, Lavender told Myrtle. Ok mom, I doubt that will ever happen anyway however it would be great if that did happen, Myrtle replied.

I know it would, Lavender told Myrtle. Well blue's sleeping so can we go tree climbing? Flint asked Myrtle. Can we Myrtle, Dawn asked Myrtle. Yes we can, Myrtle replied. Flint and Dawn both ran out the house. We'll be back later mom, Myrtle told her mom.

Myrtle ran after her siblings and soon they reached the trees. She watched Flint and Dawn climb up one tree and followed up after them and rested against the tree. When will you teach us how to hunt? Flint asked Dawn. I'll teach you both the next time I have to go hunting to feed us, Myrtle answered Flint.

Will Gale be there too? Dawn questioned Myrtle. Why do you have a crush on him? Myrtle asked teasing Dawn. What no I don't have a crush on Gale! Dawn told Myrtle. Yes you do liar, Flint told Dawn. Flint, Dawn yelled. Myrtle burst out laughing.

It's OK that you have a crush on Gale since he is handsome after all but too old for you, Myrtle told Dawn. I know and don't laugh at me but he's so handsome I can't help it, Dawn told Myrtle. Well you have a crush on Katniss, Dawn told Flint. Dawn! Flint shouted. Ok stop it you two, Myrtle told them Alright, Dawn agreed, Ok, Flint agreed.

Flint and Dawn climbed a bit higher up the tree with Myrtle following behind them. Remember to be carful, Myrtle told them. I will, Dawn said. I'll be carful, Flint told Myrtle. Good because the last thing me and mom need is anything bad happening to either of you, Myrtle told them both.

I hope we can still do this even as adults, Dawn said. Me too, Flint said. We will if none of us ever get reaped for the hunger games, Myrtle told her siblings.  Myrtle looked at the other trees.  Because of the hunger games this is why we don't take life for granted because we don't know what will happen in the future, Myrtle told her siblings.

Let's just enjoy climbing this tree, Myrtle said. Ok, Dawn and Flint agreed. Dawn and Flint climbed two branches up higher. Myrtle grabbed onto the branch above her and climbed up after them. Dawn and Flint then sad down on the branch while holding onto the tree. Myrtle carefully sat down on the beach she was standing on.

I'm so not looking forward towards the next hunger games so I might as well live until then like it'll be the only time I or Primrose have left, Myrtle thought to herself which saddened her and scared her. Can we do this more often, Flint asked Myrtle. Yes we can, Myrtle answered Flint. I'll be coming along too then, Dawn said. 

Of course since you also love tree climbing, Myrtle told Dawn. Because it's fun, Dawn replied. I know it it, Myrtle told Dawn. Also we can see higher up this way, Flint said. I know, Myrtle replied. It's also fun to hang upside down on the tree branches like this, Myrtle told them. Myrtle moved so she was hanging upside down then she pulled herself back up.

You can do that when your both older, Myrtle told her siblings. Ok, Flint agreed. Ok, Dawn agreed. I'll teach you both how to not end up falling if I don't end up in the hunger games and get killed in it when you are a bit older in a few years,  Myrtle added.