𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

RopeBurn

"Loving you's my Achilles' heel
Drop my guard when you're with me, I can't deal"

'Elvira

↽———⋆♥︎⋆———⇁

The meal ended with my body securely tucked under the sheets and my head buried beneath the pillow rather than on top of it. It felt wrong to have my face exposed, the haunting thoughts of Marco watching me while I slept slipping into my mind. It wasn't until my dream had come to it's second phase before little hands shook me out of my sleep. Abruptly I awoke, the pillow removed from my head revealed Aisha staring down at me with a genuine smile.

Her hands clasped together downward towards the floor, her outfit had changed since I had last seen her in the main room of the Jet. "We've landed, Mrs. Valentina. Would you like me to request that Marco carry you to the car so that you may sleep longer? I have a eye mask you could wear to block out the sun." It was thoughtful of her, but I didn't trust Marco to be so close to me.

"Please, Call me Elvira. There is no need to be formal." I assured her, slipping from the bed and planting my feet onto the rug beneath the bed. "I can myself though. Between us, I don't trust Marco to paint my nails correctly much less carry me." It was smart for Marco to have her come in to get me. My attitude hadn't been oh so stellar towards him. Though, could you really blame me?

Aisha's small shoes wouldn't fit, so two layers of socks would just have to do. Marco's feet were bigger than my head, and you know what they say about men with big feet. "Oh hello there, I barely noticed. You shine so dimly." Mateo handed me a pair of flip flops, his shit eating grin made it hard to tell if this was his form of humor or if he was truly just a piece of shit.

Either way I couldn't give a damn. "I hope your balls fall off and land in your moms soup." I slipped the shoes onto my feet one at a time.

"Hey-"

"And I hope she chokes on them, and that they are extra hairy and nasty." His face scrunched up in disgust, Aisha could be heard both stifling a laugh and grunting in disappointment when the attention was turned to her.

"Listen up shortcake, you can insult me as much as you please. I couldn't care less, however.." He cornered me against the bathroom door. "Leave my mother out of our quarrels." I hadn't seen such a serious expression from him before. Unlike Marco he didn't intimidate me. If it was a one on one without weapons I could easily take on Mateo. I think.

"Quarrels?" I snorted, the expression melted away from his face as he listened to my laughter. "What happened to you huh? No disrespect to your mom, maybe I'll substitute Marco in next time." He seemed pleased with this, satisfied yet another man. One more point for me.

We were preparing to carry on our conversation when we heard a gunshot sound off. Mateo was the first one out the door, and I quickly followed behind. "Do not shoot you moron!" Marco shouted, bent over in pants. A female stood before him, a loaded pistol placed firmly to his head. He must have been tumbling around with her prior to the gunshot based off of the bloodied lip and the torn sleeve.

"Where is she? I swear to god Russo, I will kill you." The voice was familiar, though distantly. "Either you hand her over or I'll blow your brains out." She sounded serious, though if she hadn't killed him by now I wasn't sure if she ever would. Mateo kept me held back with his arm.