𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

RopeBurn

"But mama I'm in love with a criminal
And this type of love
isn't rational, it's physical"

Chapter Seventeen

Sergio

Elvira
↽———⋆♥︎⋆———⇁

Marcos honey filled laughter died down and in return gave me a blank expression. One that I had grown to know a bit too well over my unwanted stay. "Surely you didn't think that would work, did you? He's my dog as well Elvira. Think of this as our first child." First?

"Have you lost your goddamn mind?"

A smile threatened to tug at his lips. He always enjoyed getting me riled up. "It is just a dog Elvira." Though he knew exactly what I was talking about.

"I meant the part where you said 'our first child' Pendejo." The frown I received at my choice of words worried me. Surely he couldn't speak Spanish as well? If he could he hadn't called me out on any of the previous statements I spoke in my mother's native tongue. "I am not having your children Marco." The bed moved where the dog, Sergio, was previously located. Part of me wanted to turn my attention to it while the other wanted to keep my eyes on Marco. I decided to stick to the latter.
(Dumbass)

"Did I mention he is an emotional support dog?" His lips moved to curve around the rim of the coffee cup. I could see the steam hitting against his nose and bouncing off to dissipate somewhere else.

Sergio's left paw hit my lap with his right paw following in suit. His head laying down on top of them as if to show me a sign of submission.. "Why did you make that a requirement? Are you insinuating that I have poor mental health?" Sure, I had been off my medications for a rough month now. I hadn't had my weekly visits with Diane. That didn't mean that I needed an emotional support dog.

My hand found it's way to Sergio's head, my fingers running through the brassy colored fur. He was truly a gorgeous animal. I was sure with the amount of fur on his body I would never have hair free black pants again. How could something so gorgeous be so dangerous?

I had to ask the same thing in regards to Marco.

     "To make sure that you don't hurt yourself in order to get back at me." One thing my files never told him was how I would never put myself in harms way to be petty. Nor did I think that would even work in this scenario. How would hurting myself 'get back' at him? I needed to keep myself healthy both mentally and physically if I wanted to have any chance at escaping in the future. The last thing I needed was to injure myself and make escaping harder to accomplish.

     "You are more foolish than I previously thought" A wince escaped Sergio when my fingers caught on a matted piece of fur. If I had ever hurt Cupcake back home she would have left me bleeding, just like the time I accidentally stepped on her foot and ended up with stitches. "Sorry.." I mumbled to him in hopes Marco wouldn't overhear it. My fingers returned to his fur only this time attempting to separate the mat.

He didn't humor me like he usually did. Marco moved to my closet and retrieved an outfit. He neatly placed it on my bed before raising his head to look at me. "You should get dressed, I want you down for breakfast in ten minutes." The tone that kept my heart thumping seemed to wither away. No longer did his voice melt away my walls but instead build them up once again. When I didn't speak up to defy him Marco left the room. Leaving me and Sergio to ourselves.