𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

RopeBurn

"Honey believe me
I'll have your heart on a platter"

Chapter Three

Fighting against the current

Elvira
———♥︎———

My feet hit the water first. Luckily enough it wasn't but a twenty foot drop. While it wasn't high enough to kill me.. it was more than high enough to cause me a lot of pain.

Though the pain was masked by adrenaline. That and the fear of drowning.

I could swim. I believe I learned how when I was seven. I was never very good at swimming though. Not good enough to fight against the current of a raging river.

My body was thrown against large rocks. Each thud causing me more pain than the last.

My back hit a rock after only seconds of being swept away by the harsh water. With what little luck I had somehow I climbed onto it.     

I could taste the bile in my throat threatening to come up. It left a burning sensation along the back of my throat.

My eyes stung and although I had been in water they were more dry than my Direct Messages on Facebook.

Then there were the future bruises. The ones from the initial fall and from where I had been thrown against large rocks.

In my panicked attempts to flag someone down I noticed the same man from the car on the riverbank. He was on the phone talking to someone. I couldn't hear it even if I wanted to.

There was water in my ears and I couldn't even hear my own screams over the crashing swells against the rocks.

I couldn't read lips. I had been awful at reading lips since I was a child. It didn't take my hearing or reading lips ability to see one thing.

      He was pissed.

      Pissed to the extent that his face had turned the shade of red mixed with purple? Hell, it didn't even look like he was breathing between his screaming at me.

The only comfort I had was that he couldn't reach me, because I was in the river and no one was stupid enough to jump into it with the current this strong..

      Ah wait, yes there was. I'm in the water.

       My attention faltered from the man to my own position. I had nearly fallen off the rock. Clawing at the stone seemed to do nothing for me but break my nails and cause more pain

Within seconds my grip was lost. I had fallen victim yet again to the current. Water poured into my mouth when I tried to scream. Water filled my lungs no matter how much I tried to spit it out.

     I should've stayed in the fucking car.

It went black. My world went black leaving me with nothing more than the memory of the burning sensation in my lungs.

———♥︎———

       When my eyes opened again the first thing that I noticed was the raw feeling around my wrist. The second was that my visibility was completely black. Perhaps I was blind. Or perhaps I was in a room without a window.

Next I noticed the pain throughout my ears. How every noise I made sounded as if I was still underwater.

Lastly I noticed that while my hair and clothes seemed to be mostly dry.. my socks were still soaking wet.

That was when I heard the door opening. At least what a door opening would sound like if you were underwater. Along with multiple pairs of footsteps.

   "Finalmente, sia sveglia." A husky voice filled my waterlogged ears. And for a moment, just a moment, I didn't even care that my socks were soggy or that I was freezing cold.
(Finally, she's awake)

        When it came closer, the footsteps that is, the voice spoke again. "Can I get you anything, Cara Bella?" It sounded like a joke. As if he didn't really plan on getting me something.
(Cara / dear . Bella / beauty)

       "Actually yes.. could I have a pair of dry socks?" I asked him.

       It stayed silent for a few moments before laughter erupted and a blindfold was ripped from my head with a rather unneeded force. I was exposed to a sudden rush of light.

Ah, not a dark room.

The room was made completely out of concrete. Darker spots on the walls and floor were most likely blood. I'd say the smell of iron came from it.

It was a cell without bars. In one corner of the room was a metal bed. It was like an autopsy table but paired with the noisy paper from the doctors office. On it sat me. Tied with itchy rope that buried into my skin.

There were at least ten other men in the room. All different sizes and races. All looking at me like a fresh piece of meat. All except for one.

      Without my contacts my vision was limited. Though I could still see the outline of his face. I could make out the stubble on his chin and the curious look his face held. His eyebrows were raised, lips curled towards the ends.

I was not completely blind. However I still needed my glasses to drive. When things were more than three feet away they began to get blurry.

       "Is that a joke?" The voice who belonged to the man with the stubble asked. God he was tall, abnormally so. With him walking closer I could see more details of his face. Let me just tell you this man was drop dead-

        Not the time, Elvira. You can get railed by men all you want when you get out.

       "Rispondere!" One of the men yelled, though I didn't know what he meant. I could assume he meant respond? Unless it wasn't a cognate-
(Reply)

       "Answer me, Micetta."
(Kitten)

Oh his voice

———♥︎———
Song: Bust your kneecaps