𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

RopeBurn

"I love you and I hate you
and I'm losing my mind"

Chapter Eight

Have a little patience

Elvira
———♥︎———

When the door opened again it was a female. She had black coils down to her shoulder and a small frame compared to my own. She was undeniably gorgeous. Based on her white coat I assumed she was a doctor. Who wore thin white coats by choice?

"Elvira yes? It's good to finally see you awake. You've been out for three days. I was starting to worry you had serious brain damage." Three days? "I'm joking.. The Don requested that you ate." I only now noticed the large cart she was rolling now.

On it was a plate with a metal covering. A clear bowl with mixed greens and other vegetables-most likely a salad-and a large pitcher of water. Of course he would have me eat healthy. Prick.

"Who are you?" I didn't move from my spot on the bed. My body was exhausted. I was exhausted. "Cuore Mio, where is he?" She frowned when I said his name. Almost like she didn't recognize it.

(Translation: My heart)

"Il mio nome è Aurora. Non sapevo che parlassi italiano." I stared blankly at her, to which she quickly responded with.. "Ah, you don't speak Italian. Cuore Mio, that is what the Don asked you to call him?"

(translation: My name is Aurora. I didn't know you spoke Italian.)

"The Don?" This entire conversation had made me feel disoriented. Cuore Mio here. The Don there. One name for one person would be preferred.

"Your Cuore Mio. The man who was in here with you. Curly brown hair with puppy dog eyes? We call him the Don." 'My Cuore Mio' the name made me sick. He was not mine.

"And you are?" She moved to me cautiously and opened the metal lid. Inside was an already cut steak with two different cups of sauce. Sided with smoked vegetables.. and a plastic fork.

I could still kill someone with a plastic fork.

"Aurora. Though most people around here have labeled me as 'Doc'. Either is fine." She wheeled the tray in front of me and moved to the door to stand. On her belt was a gun, which I was half tempted to go for. Perhaps I could seduce her? Hell if she even swung that way. "Stop eying my gun and eat Elvira. You'll get sick if you skip anymore meals. IV's cannot sustain you forever."

"Do you know why I am here?" The way she picked from under her nails suggested to me that she was uncomfortable. Hell, I was uncomfortable too. But why be so uncomfortable when she has the gun?

"I'll have Iris come and get the cart later. Try and eat as much as you can. It will speed up your recovery." After avoiding my question she left. Leaving me to eat in complete silence. I always hated silence.

↽———⋆❀⋆———⇁

     Being tall had been more of a curse than a blessing my entire life. No boy in high school ever wanted to date me because I was too tall and threatened their masculinity. It sucked being the tall one in the relationships. That was if I managed to snag a relationship.

     My pants never fit me. They were always much too short in either the crotch area of the legs. Not to mention most high wasted jeans barely passed my bellybutton if even that. Clothing was hard to find. It was a godsend when I actually found any that fit my frame.

     I could never swing my feet while sitting in chairs because my feet hit the floor. I couldn't claim that I was 'fun sized' and have hoodies reach my knees. I had to order plus sized clothing for it to do that.

     However there was never a shelf I couldn't reach in my apartment. I didn't have to climb onto the counters to retrieve a bowl.

     When I walked into the bathroom around midnight I noticed an odd source of light. Considering the bathroom didn't have windows having moonlight seeping through didn't make much sense.

     That was when I noticed the skylight that was built over the sink counter. With my height I could reach it and climb out. All I needed was a chair or something to make it easier on me.

     Luckily enough there was one in the room. It was a small stool that sat in front of a vanity.

In order to make sure I could still return without getting caught I turned on the shower and locked the door. That way if someone did happen to come into my room at this ungodly hour.. they would hear the shower and back off.

After placing it onto the counter I climbed onto both and pressed open the skylight. The idiot didn't even think to lock it? He acted as if he knew me so well. So why didn't he lock something he knew I would try?

Once my arms were on the outskirts of the window frame I pulled myself up onto the roof. I'd have to remind myself to thank Naomi for forcing me to go to the gym all the time. If I didn't work on my upper body strength all those days this certainly would have been impossible.

I looked around me, taking in the fresh air. Air that gave me a knew sort of high. I was now four stories high off of the ground. Jumping would without a doubt kill me.

Perhaps if I could crawl down a drainpipe? Though I doubted it would support my weight. The roof was flat and easy to walk across. I didn't move. No, I couldn't move.

I was terrified of being up this high. Without any idea where the drainpipes were I really had no way out. I couldn't see well enough in the dark to really risk crawling around the roof to find one. I also didn't know if The Don had people stationed to watch the roof.

I just needed patience. Have patience.

"Micetta? What is all of that noise?"

———♥︎———
Song: Using you

This is a filler chapter :(

The next one is so much better.

Hopefully