𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

RopeBurn

"Well, good for you
You look happy and healthy, not me
If you ever cared to ask"

Elvira Valentina

↽———⋆♥︎⋆———⇁

     It almost reminded me of the first time I had been kidnapped, not the time Marco kidnapped me but a time prior. It was a man who had grown an obsession with me after I helped solve his wife's murder. He had mistaken me for her, regardless of there being little to no resemblance between our bone structure. She was blonde, I had dark black hair. Her cheekbones were hollow whereas mine were defined and protruded outward. I wasn't in his custody long before I was found, but the awkward drive reminded me of the situation I found myself in currently. 

     "My boyfriend will come looking for me, you know? Not to brag, but he's completely mentally unstable. Honestly I'm not worth the trouble you're about to go through." None of the men spared me so much as a passing glance, their stiffness was odd considering their confident attitudes before I had been knocked out. "I'm not bluffing, seriously I'm trying to save you the hassle. He won't just kick your ass but he'll kick mine for not coming back on time." The man next to me shoved cloth into my mouth, the taste resembling iron. No doubt from the blood within my own mouth. The black blindfold moved over my eyes once again.

     "Your boyfriend should be the least of your worries, as he's the least of ours." Calling Marco my boyfriend was one thing, but hearing someone else say it was troubling. By no means had we even reached the spectrum of a real relationship, but it benefited me to pretend like we had now. My muffled arguing didn't seem to persuade them any further, and rather than wasting my air I fell silent. "We're here, I recommend not putting up too much of a fight. We will shoot you." Carefully they dragged me from the car, my legs taking a moment to process of standing. They felt like jelly, too unsteady to walk. 

     Regardless of my unreliable footing, they dragged me along like a child would a plastic doll. Their exchange of Italian made me once again regret not trying to learn it from the very beginning. I felt in the dark, terrified that Marco wouldn't find me in time. Perhaps I really would end up in the bottom of a lake, feet glued to cement. Flesh belonging to the starving organisms that lived within the body of water. I relied solely on sounds and smells to tell me my location.

     Of course, that would only benefit me had I been in this location once before. The sounds of rattling metal, smell of burning rubber and cigar smoke. Echos of endless conversations ranged in multiple different languages. Whatever room I had been dragged into was large, the amount of people unknown but guaranteed to be vast. The cloth from my mouth was ripped out, the blindfold however remained. "Sit." I laughed at the order, before being forced to my knees.  Concrete scraped at my naked skin, blood pooling to the surface of my new wound. "Flat on your ass." The voice belonged to the same man I had drove my fork into, I could tell based solely on the gravely texture. 

     "Why don't you make me, old man?

     The shot of a gun silenced not only me but the entire facility. It had missed me, but the heat from the shot hit my thigh. My hands were bound behind my back, but I used my palms to steady myself as I moved from my knees onto my bum. "You're going to learn how to hold your tongue, or I'll cut it from your mouth. You'll still be able to service us without it." The thought brought chills to the core of my spine. Perhaps I had gotten used to being able to say vulgar things without consequences. "Vai a Prenderlo, Potrebbe volerla provare prima."
Go get him, he might want to try her out first. )

     "You're going to regret sticking your nose into our buisness, Baldracca." This males voice was lower pitched than the leaders, it sounded like it belonged to a man of shorter stature. You could tell, simply by how he forced his voice to conform to a deeper octave than it could handle. He wanted to sound more intense and dangerous. Then again, they were all fairly short. At least the one's I had seen in the woman's bathroom were. Or perhaps, I was unusually tall. 
( Whore )

     "Just you boys wait, I'm telling you that you're going to regret this. My boyfriend doesn't take too well to me missing deadlines. He's very adamant that I stay on schedule." Would he blame me for this? It felt as though he might, considering I didn't have to get involved in the first place. Yet, who would I be if I let that poor girl endure that alone? She couldn't have been no older than twenty, even if it saved me from my current predicament it wouldn't save me from my conscious. I'd have to live the rest of my life knowing I could have prevented it.     

     "Open your mouth.

     "What? No!

      "Hold her still." Two sets of hands grabbed my arms, keeping me in place. My mouth was pulled ajar, fingers grabbed at my tongue and pulled it from within it's dark home. "I told you to keep your mouth shut, you women never learn do you?" Cold metal pressed against my tongue, the sharp blade digging into the soft tissue and bringing blood to it's surface. "Don't worry, I'll take this as slow as possible. Go ahead and scream for me. Oh, and do try to avoid choking on your own blood." The men cackled around me sickly, finding my own discomfort and pain to be a display of comedy.

     "Gino, che diavolo credi di fare?" The voice held both dominance and a painful familiarity. It was hard to tell who it was through the ringing within my ears and pain racing throughout my body. The accent was pure Italian, no doubt left my mind that the owner had been born and raised here. I had come into contact with so many Italian men it could have been any of them. "Spostati, Fammela vedere." Who the hell was it? 
( Gino, what the hell do you think you're doing? Move over, let me see her. )  

     "Capo, questa era la ragazza per cui ti abbiamo chiamato. Ci ha causato molti problemi, stavamo solo per insegnarle una lezione veloce." The blade had moved from my tongue, my jaw released. The men holding me had either moved away from me completely or simply moved their hands off of me. Whoever it was talking to them, I was thankful for the interference.
Boss, This was the girl we called you about. She caused us a lot of trouble, we were just going to teach her a quick lesson. )

     "Ti ho detto più volte di non toccare la merce. Adesso muoviti, dannazione." The male quickly shuffled from in front of me, I could hear the panic in his movements alone. Just like when the gunshot rang out earlier the facility had fallen quite once again. Every word spoken echoed from off the walls. Why was it so quiet? The obedience and respect from everyone around should have scared me more, and yet my gratitude towards the stranger kept me cocky. The person speaking still hadn't clicked inside my head, the voice was so goddamn familiar and yet I couldn't place it onto a single person I knew. "Elvira?" Then it clicked
I've told you several times not to touch merchandise. Now move dammit. )

     "You son of a bitch..

     He laughed, one I used to adore had turned into one making me sick. How could this all come back full circle? It was like I escaped one past just to get hit in the face with another one over and over again. "You always had such a foul tongue didn't you dear? How on earth did you end up here huh? I mean, most people would say this is only a mere coincidence but I don't believe in those." This was perhaps only the second time in my life that I found myself unable to speak. The first time was with Marco. "It must be fate then? The universes way of saying we were meant to be?" The thought caused bile to build in my stomach, if the taste of my own blood didn't make me vomit his words surely would. 

     "Fuck you."  

↽———⋆♥︎⋆———⇁
Good 4 U / Olivia Rodrigo 
please excuse any errors, as i wrote this while half awake :)

what makes someone a villain in your eyes?