𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

RopeBurn

"This time,
please someone come and rescue me
'Cause you on my mind,
it's got me losing it"

Chapter Nineteen

Punishment

Elvira
↽———⋆♥︎⋆———⇁
Viewer discretion is advised

     "Inside. It's a metaphor, Micetta." He pulled out his phone and placed an earbud in his ear. "I would have thought you were smart enough to understand that."

"Are you questioning my intelligence?"

     "I'm questioning your ability to sense a metaphor. I would never question your intelligence." Marco turned in his seat so that his body was facing my own. His honey brown eyes captivated mine.

     "I would never question your intelligence." I mocked.

The corners of his lips tugged upwards into a smile, and laughter escaped between the two folds. For the first time since being in Marcos presence I laughed as well. Something was pleasurable to me about him not being uptight.

"Oh you'll regret that." He spoke quickly, making it hard for me to really understand what he was talking about. Soon his focus shifted from me to his phone. What was he listening to that could break his attention from me?

"What?" no response.

The ride felt longer now that it was aided with silence. Each person passing us by was a taunt to me that I couldn't speak to them. I was trapped within this car just as I had been in the house.

Even if I was outside of this metal beast my voice was put under restrictions. I had failed my attempt with the lady in the dressing room, and my gut warned me against taking a risk like that so soon after a failed attempt.

      I had to sit back and ask myself, was my escape really worth my families lives? Would Marco kill them or was it all just a bluff? Surely if he wanted any chance with me romantically he wouldn't slaughter the people I loved.

     Then again he already seemed confused on what love was. You didn't kidnap someone with the idea of killing them off just to proclaim your love for them days later.

     "Elvira." His voice snapped me back to reality. "We're here, come along now." Marco had opened my door for me, his hand extended outwards for me to grab onto.

     I had gotten so caught up in my thoughts I really didn't even notice that the car had stopped moving. "I can leave the vehicle on my own." When I tried to do so Marco took my arm and wrapped it in his own before lifting me from the car. The man that was driving shut the door behind me after I exited the vehicle.

     "Be ready for us Dante, I'll alert you when we are on our way." Dante was slim compared to Marco. He was also incredibly young, probably around Laurence's age. What was he doing wrapped up in all of this?