𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲

RopeBurn

"I miss having sex but at least
I don't wanna die anymore
And I think that's pretty cool"

'Elvira

↽———⋆♥︎⋆———⇁

     Silence mocked the both of us, daring us to continue further. The first one to speak would be the one with the most courage, yet neither of us seemed to be daring enough to make the first move. The only noise was the echo of my heartbeat and my rapid breathing, Marco didn't even seem to be breathing he was so.. so quiet. What was he supposed to say to that, hell, what the fuck was I supposed to say to that?

     "You love me?" He broke the seal, making room for both of us to discuss like proper adults. The smile that crept onto his face spread like a virus, infecting the rest of his solemn face until it was replaced with a eased expression.

     "No Marco. No I-" I started, quickly being overwhelmed by his words.

      "You said that you loved me, Elvira." He drew closer to me, causing me to take more steps away from him in an effort to separate us even further. "You loved me this entire time, didn't you?"

     "Now Marco, Remember what I said about personal space?" The closer he got to me, the further I panicked. Had I really admitted it? Hell, it wasn't even admitting it to him but rather myself. I didn't even think it was possible to have feelings for the creep much less love him.

     "You just said you loved me, Micetta. Do you have any Idea how long I've been waiting to hear that for?" He took two more steps my direction, whereas I tripped over my own feet in an effort to move further back. He didn't manage to catch me before I hit the ground, my ass making direct contact with the floor. "We could get married now, have children. We'll move into a more secluded house."

     "What? What? Marco Slow down!"

      "Of course I'd prefer to have my son run the mafia but I am open to a daughter inheriting it. Though, I wouldn't want to put my baby girl in such a dangerous position." He ran his hand into his hair, scuffing up the mess of loose curls.

     "You sexist piece of sh-Marco listen to me!" I kicked his feet, bringing him down to my level so that we could both see each other face to face. "I don't.. I don't love.." I nearly gagged over the words, the mere thought of loving him brought me to my knees. How, how could I possibly love him?

    He laughed, his honey toned voice oozing over my nerves like aloe over a sunburn. "Oh no, you can't just spring this on me love, you already said it. If I have learned anything about my mother when she's angry is that you women always say what you truly mean when you're about to loose your head. You Love me." He brought his hands up to cup my cheeks, brushing his fingers over my skin.

     "I don't love you Marco, that isn't humanly possible."

     "Do us both a favor?"

      "What?"

      "Shut up." With that he brought our lips mere inches from each other. Temptation of the devil urging me to lean further in while the angel on my shoulder warned me of the dire consequences. "Nothing you say can ruin this for me, Niente." His left hand tangled up in my raggedy hair , tugging on the loose strands. For once in my life I stopped fighting him, because for once I didn't feel as though my life depended on it. Of course, the internal battle between myself and my rational thoughts never ceased. "Ti amo piú di ogni altra cosa in questo mondo intero." Our lips touched, practically kissing already.
(Nothing..  I love you more than anything in the entire world.)