𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

RopeBurn

"And the taste teases my lips
I'm too tired to wrestle with it

Will we burn, or will we repent?"

Elvira Valentina

↽———⋆♥︎⋆———⇁

My ribs were broken, I counted two in total. Based on the coloring of the bruises it had happened last night, likely during my beat down at the restaurant. It felt more obvious to me now that the painkillers had worn off, I always had a high pain tolerance but broken ribs weren't something to laugh at. "Hurry along, I want to leave here in.." He stopped midway, leaning against the archway of the door and eyeing my fresh wounds. "You didn't mention those to me, do you want another dose?" The last thing I needed was to feel drowsy when facing Marco and Alexei. I had been dreading the reunion of the two.

"Oh I can't imagine why I failed to report my injuries to you, Alexei. Perhaps it was because I didn't want your grubby fingers touching me." He groaned, throwing his head back so that it hit against the door frame. "Or maybe because your men are the ones who did this? Or perhaps it just slipped my mind, I mean I do have a lot going on. With the whole 'being kidnapped thing' it's sort of hard to be attentive to the thousands of other issues I have." Based solely on his aggravation I was getting to him, he'd regret the day he chose to take me with him.

"Tit's on Christ, I get it woman." Alexei approached me, grabbing my wrist forcibly and pulling the t-shirt he had given me over my head. "Look at you, he'll get a kick out of how damaged you appear to be." Appeared? I was in excruciating pain, I can assure you that I was not just looking a mess but feeling it as well.

"I'm not a FedEx package asshole, and If I was you failed to mark me as fragile." Not that FedEx would treat me any better than his men, I remember the slime scandals of 2016. "Back off would you? Your breath is killing me."

"You weren't always this immature, is this what Marco dealt with? I would have wanted to take a two year break from you too." With his right hand he gripped my chin, forcing my eyes up at his. "Now listen to me Elvira, you'll need to be on your best behavior. The last thing I need is to have to deal with both you and Marco. Oh, and you'll need to remove your contacts. Can't have you see what's going on." He must have twenty twenty vision, or else he'd know that removing my contacts wouldn't really cause that much of a difference.

Allow me to elaborate. My vision on it's own wasn't that bad, it wasn't that great either. I couldn't make out faces from past ten feet, anything past five feet was simply blurred. However I wasn't blind, I went so long without wearing my glasses when I was younger that I learned how to read without the prescription. I learned to find people I knew in a blurred crowd as well, and even trained myself with my glasses off to have a good shot regardless of circumstance. He was completely mistaken if he believed it would cripple me.

Carefully, I reached into my eyes and pulled the thin lens out. I placed them into his hands, staring up towards him shortly afterwards. "You know, you don't look nearly as ugly this way." His frown caused my laughter. It was fun, being immature. I lived to see the reactions play out.

"Cut it out Elvira, come on." He pushed my body forwards, leading me downstairs and out the house as if I was crippled. I let him, leaving him to believe I was nothing more than a crippled woman. Once in the car, he buckled me in. "Step on it, I want to arrive in the shortest amount of time possible. Knowing Russo, he's already there." I had never seen Marco late to anything important before, he was always one to get somewhere way before he needed to.