02 || Flashback

Severus' pov

My eyes slowly open as I wake up to a bright, white room. They have to adjust to the light and so it takes a while until I understand where I am. My hand immediately goes to my neck, where I was bitten, but all there seems to be left of the wound is a small scab. Memories of how I got into this situation come flooding to the front of my mind. The first thing I experience is panic, extreme panic as I don't know what happened to y/n.

I groan slightly as I prop myself up on my elbows, wanting a good overview of the situation. My eyes fall on a woman in the corner of the room, she's soundly asleep and wrapped in a thin hospital blanket. Her skin is paler than I remember, big purple colored bags sit under her eyes. Her sleeping position seems quite uncomfortable, she's sitting on a chair with her knees curled up to her chest and her head resting on the hard, wooden back of the chair.

The door opens and a healer walks in. "Ah, Mr. Snape, you are awake." He says in an annoyingly cheerful way.

"Could you please keep your voice down, I don't want her waking up." I respond, looking at y/n anxiously, hoping she didn't wake up from the healer's entrance.

"Of course." He starts to whisper. "First of all, I'd like to inform you of the Dark Lord's defeat. Now for your injuries, we've been giving you Blood-Replenishing Potion ever since you came in three days ago. We finished the antidote yesterday and injected it into your arm. I can see it's working pretty well." He says as he presses the spot where I was bitten on my neck.

"The healing process should be completely done within a few days, but I can discharge you immediately as there's nothing we can do for you here anymore." The healer states.

"Alright, is that all?" I ask, now sitting up straight, leaning against the headboard of the hospital bed.

"Yes, that would be all. Have a good day." The man has a big smile on his face before he disappears through the door.

Without hesitation, I get out of bed and put on some decent clothes before grabbing my personal belongings and walking towards y/n. She's still sleeping in the chair, her face perfectly relaxed as her hair covers a big part of it, hanging down. My eyes study her body and her facial features, I feel my heart warming up at the sight of her. I remember her smart remarks, her bright smile and her tendency to always do the right thing. She isn't afraid to stand up for what she believes in, she never fails to cheer me up with her little quirks and she cares so much about others. She makes me a better person. She makes me happy. A small smile grows on my face as I'm watching her.

I carefully slide my arms under her knees and around her back to lift her up from the chair. The blanket falls onto the ground and I see that she's wearing the pyjama's she went to bed in the night before the battle. It's covered in red splashes, which I assume to be blood, and the smell it gives off isn't particularly enticing. With these factors I can conclude she's probably been waiting by my side the last few days and hasn't gone home to get herself some actual clothes.

I apparate to my private chambers at Hogwarts with her in my arms, hoping she won't wake up.

Unfortunately, she does and because of the shock of the apparition, she jumps out of my arms, only to jump on top of me again a few moments later after she realizes it's me. "Sev!" She says relieved before she starts crying in my arms. Her body is shaking and her voice weak. I wrap my arms around her to give her the comfort she needs. "You almost died! You were dying in my arms!" Her voice is breaking while she speaks and I can tell her mind's a big mess.

"I'm so sorry, Severus. This is all my fault! You almost died because of me!" She sobs as she lets me go and throws herself on the sofa with her head buried in her hands.