12 || Feeling better

"S-sev?" I stutter, turning my head to look at him. Relief fills my body when my eyes meet his, my muscles give out as fear leaves my body and the need to flee disappears. I collapse on the floor, still conscious, but physically drained.

"Alright, enough with this nonsense. I don't care what you say, I'm going to take you with me and help you no matter how much you may struggle against it." He states sternly as he kneels down next me, carefully scooping my up. I can feel his long, slender fingers wrap around me and it's setting my heart aflame. He's holding me bridal style and keeps me as close to his chest as possible to engulf me with his body warmth. His ever so familiar scent fills my nose and it intoxicates me, filling me with wonderful memories.

The safety of his arms is almost enough to make me fall asleep, but the rush of his touch enables me to keep my eyes open. "I love you." I whisper weakly, having absolutely no filter because of my lack of sleep, while my hand reaches for his cheek. My fingertips gently brush against his cheekbone as he tilts his head to look at me. His eyes light up at my words and they soften as I stare into them lovingly.

"Am I heavy?" I randomly ask, having reached a very drunken point of tiredness. His lips curl up into a loving smile as a small chuckle leaves his mouth. "Nothing I can't handle, love."

We finally reach his chambers and he carries me in, immediately walking into his bedroom. He gently lays me down on his bed, making sure I won't hit any hard surface. The moment he backs away, I quickly grab his hand. My cold fingers feeling his warm hand sends electric waves throughout my whole body. His eyes are pinned on my hand, examining my movement as I pull him back. Even though my strength is nonexistent, he gets my intention and bends forward so that his body is hovering above mine again.

I don't waste another second and place my hands on both sides of his face before pulling him towards me, making his lips touch mine. He clearly didn't expect this, seeing as he almost loses his balance, but immediately kisses me back. His familiar lips press against mine softly, making a million butterflies erupt in my stomach. My tongue asks for entrance and he allows it almost instantly. He takes the lead and I gladly follow. There's nothing sexual about this kiss, no lust or expectations tied to it. It's one of the most pure and sweet kisses we've ever shared. This kiss feels like an expression of our love and devotion, a kiss of forgiveness and a kiss of new beginnings.

He slowly pulls back and we both open our eyes, breathing in the same air for a moment. "I'm sorry, Sev. The way I behaved was-"

"Shhh" He interrupts me, pressing his index finger against my lips to shush me. "We'll talk about that tomorrow. You're going to sleep right now." He instructs sweetly. He takes his pillow and slides his hand under my head, carefully lifting it a little in order to put the pillow under my head.

He walks over to the other side of the bed and opens the drawer of his nightstand. After moving some things around in it, he finally reveals a bottle with a purple liquid in it, dreamless sleep potion. Walking back to where I'm laying, he opens the vial before sitting down on the edge of the bed. He pets my head lovingly, brushing some hairs out of my face before bringing the bottled potion to my lips. "Wait." I whisper, turning my head away to stop the potion from dripping into my mouth.

"Can you hold me while I fall asleep?" I hesitantly ask as my eyes meet his. His gaze softens while the corners of his lips tug into an elated smile. Placing the bottle on his nightstand, he leans back against the headboard and grabs my body, pulling me in between his legs and into his arms. I rest my head back against his chest, finally feeling the tender embrace of the man I love again and finally letting him hug me again.

Severus has one hand wrapped around my waist, the other grabs the bottle again and brings it back to my lips. "Open your mouth, darling." His low voice instructs as he presses the cold glass against my bottom lip. I slowly let my jaw fall open, allowing him to tilt the vial and let the potion flow into my mouth. After hearing me take a few sips, he withdraws the bottle, closes it and puts it back on his nightstand. His now free hand also finds its way to my body, wrapping around my waist and now completely locking me into his arms.