20 || Skipping potions

With Harry out of the door, I waste no time and sprint towards the front of the classroom. Severus chuckles warmly the second I almost knock him out of his chair by jumping on top of him. "That was... exactly what I needed. You have no idea how much this means to me. I feel so much better than before and I owe it all to you." I tell him while sitting awkwardly on his lap as my butt is still extremely sore. "Aah, I love you so freakin' much!" I exclaim excitedly while cupping his face with my hands, making him look into my eyes, before peppering his face with kisses.

"Alright, that's quite enough, darling." He sweetly says, taking my wrists and lowering my hands. Before lifting me off his lap, he kisses me softly. "It's almost curfew... you know what that means."

"That if I manage to distract you a little while longer, you'll have no choice but to let me sleep in your bed." I respond cheekily with a big smirk on my face while running my fingers along his arm.

He gives me a disapproving glance before sighing deeply. "Don't make this harder than it is. Off to bed, now." He orders as he rips my hand away from his arm and puts distance between us.

"Only if you tuck me in." I simply can't help but respond.

His fingers curl under my chin and force me to look up at him. "You have to sleep in your dormitory, y/n. I love you too much to risk getting caught. I can't lose you and if this is what it takes, then so be it." Severus speaks sternly.

"And I don't want to lose you, but-"

"This is not up for discussion, y/n." He spats angrily, making me flinch a bit. Seething, he sits down in his chair again and starts grading essays. "You are dismissed."

"Sev, come on! Let's talk about this, I'm sure we-"

"Get out of my sight." His words cut right through my heart. The happiness that controlled my body mere seconds ago is being replaced with hurt in the blink of an eye. Immediately, I feel tears pricking in my eyes and my tiredness starts to kick in. I stare at him in utter disbelief for a short while, but he doesn't even bother looking up at me. With a tear rolling down my cheek, I walk towards the door and I exit the classroom after glancing at him one last time.

When I enter my dorm, Pansy storms towards me to go over our plan again. I tell her that I'm tired as I'm too sad to talk to anyone. "What did Snape make you do?" She asks curiously, probably weirded out by my broken expression, which I'm not hiding very well.

"Nothing. He- he was just... mean." My voice cracks a little as I speak, my face dropping even more when I hear his words in my mind again.

She furrows her eyebrows in confusion while sitting down next to me on my bed. "He's always mean, y/n. That's like his whole personality." Her eyes scan my face in complete and utter confusion.

I would love nothing more than to tell her everything and cry in her arms right now. I just can't risk it, the less people know, the better.

"I'm just tired, Pans. I'm going to sleep."

She sighs in defeat before wishing me a good night and making her way to her own bed. I do my usual routine before bed and fall asleep the second my head hits my pillow, because of the dreamless sleep potion.

I spend most of my Sunday reading and studying. Needing some time for myself, I try to avoid pretty much everyone and stay in my dorm for the majority of the day. Even though this is the perfect time to process all of the recent events, I find myself pushing it away and focusing on any distractions that present themselves. On top of my unprocessed rape issue, I'm now also dealing with the pain Severus caused me with his words yesterday. Luckily, the day is over quickly and Monday comes around.