36 || Christmas 2

After making my way back to the dinner table, I see Lucius in his Santa Claus suit, sitting in his chair. "Ah y/n, dear. Not very good at hiding, are you?" Lucius speaks, empathising.

"Indeed. It's very difficult finding a place to hide in such a great house when I've only ever seen the ballroom and dining room." I answer, taking a seat also.

"I can imagine." He sounds proud. "Where did you end up hiding, I'm curious." His voice is smooth, too smooth almost. And his perfect smile makes alarm bells ring in my head.

"Ehm it was the very last room of the hall on the left. I hid behind the sofa." I answer, adding a small smile to the end of my sentence.

"Oh what a coincidence! I was in the adjacent music room." His perfect smile turns into a small smirk. The change almost invisible to the unwary eye, but big enough to catch my attention. I shake it off, the terrifying thought that creeps up on me. I must be imagining things. He hasn't heard anything. Even if he did, he'd never know about the relationship Severus and I had.

I'm about to answer when Severus walks in, with the flick of his wand his tree costume is gone. "I give up." He says before muttering under his breath. "Childish game."

"I'm surprised you participated at all actually." Lucius responds to his friend.

"Why are you still wearing that ridiculous costume?" Severus ignores Lucius' statement.

Lucius smirks. "Contrary to popular belief, I like to see my wife happy, Severus."

Severus sits down opposite me. "So... I suppose now we ask all the difficult questions, right, Severus?" Lucius jokes, his eyes darting from me to Sev. "Like the protective father and godfather we are."

My eyes grow wide as I get a little anxious and Lucius seems to notice.

"Relax, my dear. I'm only joking." He places his hand on top of mine. "I watched you grow up, I know you're a good girl. And your family is absolutely marvellous." He gives me an affirmative smile.

"But I am curious, what's she like in class? Is she a good student?" He turns towards Severus.

Severus looks at me. Then at Lucius. "Average." A small smirk plays on Sev's lips. He enjoys embarrassing me. I take a sip of the wine I hadn't finished from dinner to stop myself from saying something back.

"Hmm well... then we'll have to hope the children get Draco's intelligence and y/n's beauty." Lucius looks contently at me. I almost spit out my wine as those words leave his mouth.

"You do wish to have children, don't you, my dear?" His voice is so elegant and smooth and everything about him is extremely authoritative. I wouldn't dare go against anything he says. No matter how friendly he appears, something about him gives me the chills.

Before I can answer him, Narcissa and Draco walk into the room. The energy immediately shifts to a more cheerful and lighthearted one. Draco bows dramatically before speaking loudly. "And that, ladies and gentlemen, is my 14th win." He radiates with pride. I let out a small relieved breath when Draco walks towards me, wraps his arms around me and kisses my temple. "It's okay you lost, babe. Not everyone can be as amazing as I am." He jokes, sitting down next to me.

"I can see we have two losers." Narcissa has a bit of an evil smirk playing on her lips. She orders the house elf to fetch her 10 shots of a liquor- the name of which I don't recognise. Not long after, he returns and puts 5 in front of me and 5 in front of Lucius. Narcissa frowns and looks concerned when she sees the glasses in front of me. "Maybe we should make it three for y/n?" She gently asks the group, still eyeing the 5 shots in front of me.