06 || Storage room

There is complete silence for a moment. Taking this time alone as a chance to get away, I try to wiggle my hands out of the rope. When that doesn't work, I push back against a wall and try to gradually push myself up by applying force with my legs and wiggling my back upwards. It seems to work until I'm halfway there and my legs give out.

As that doesn't work, I give up my standing up plan and let myself down slowly until I'm laying down. I just start rolling myself in the direction of what I think is the exit. Even though I could really kill Daphne right now for putting me in this situation, I can still laugh about it. I picture seeing myself rolling cluelessly on the ground of a storage room from above and it makes me giggle internally.

The laughter in my head quickly comes to an end when I hear voices. "Where is she?" A low slow voice asks angrily.

"I think the gryffindors took her that way, professor!" Daphne's voice sounds overly innocent.

Omg, not only does she tie me up and throw me in a storage room, she blames it on gryffindors!

I'm trying to push myself up to sit again in order to not embarrass myself but I fail miserably. I can hear heavy footsteps nearing quickly, the sound echoing through the halls.

"Miss y/l/n, are you alright?" Professor Snape's worried low voice speaks from above me.

Heat creeps up my face as I feel the tsunami of embarrassment wash over me. Luckily, my face is facing the floor so he can't see my tomato colored skin. "Yeah, I'm fine. You can go." I speak towards the ground.

"You don't look fine to me, Miss y/l/n." He says seriously, probably in the delusion that people bullied me.

"I am totally fine and I can handle myself." I speak confidently as I roll on my side, hoping desperately he will walk away so I don't have to face him in this humiliating situation.

A low chuckle escapes his lips and it catches me off guard, his warm laughter sets my heart aflame. "So you'll be fine if I leave now?" His dark voice rings in my ears. I can practically hear him smirking down at me. I hum in approval, too stubborn to back out now.

One of his feet takes a step away from me and it ignites my anxiety. Scared that I'll end up lying here for who knows how long, I give in to Daphne's plan and let him save me. "Professor, wait." I say hastily, my heart beating rapidly in my chest. My hands start to feel sweaty as I lay on the ground helplessly, waiting to be saved. Not knowing where he is or if he's already gone makes me even more nervous. A few heartbeats go by as I'm waiting for him to talk again. Instead, I suddenly feel long slender fingers grabbing my waist, pulling my body away from the ground. The feeling startles me, electric waves run through my body while my belly explodes with butterflies.

The blindfold and restraints on my wrists and ankles disappear the second professor Snape puts me on my feet and lets me stand on my own. I immediately notice how close I am to him and what it does to my body. My legs are trembling, my knees are weak and my breath hitches. "T-thank you, professor." I gulp as I'm so close to him that I can feel his breath softly fanning against my forehead.

My eyes follow the buttons on the middle of his chest up towards his face until our eyes meet. His piercing downwards gaze sends shivers down my spine as I try really hard not to break our contact. "Do you know who did this to you?" He asks seriously, I can already hear the threat in his voice. His hand makes its way to my arm and he grabs it firmly yet tenderly, urging me to tell him the names of these 'despicable gryffindors'.

"Yes, I know exactly who did this. And when I see them, I'm going to kick their asses." I say determined, turning away from him towards the door.

"No, you're not. You're going to tell me their names so I can give them a proper punishment." He grabs my wrist to stop me from leaving and I stiffen in my spot. My heart almost beats out of my chest, feeling his fingers squeeze my wrist and pulling me back to him.