05 || Virgin

My heart is almost pounding out of my chest. What did I do? Why does he want me to stay after class? I try to take deep breaths in order not to feel intimidated by him.

He clears his throat before grabbing a chair and sitting down across from me. "I-I uhm-" He starts, struggling with his words. Every second he's not telling me what's going on, I feel more anxious. I bite my lip painfully hard in anticipation while my eyes grow big, radiating fright.

"I overheard your conversation with Miss Parkinson." He finally speaks. "I would advise you to go to Madam Pomfrey and ask for a test."

I feel my face heating up from embarrassment. "I can assure you that won't be necessary, professor." I say softly as I look down at the table, too embarrassed to look at him. I'm fidgeting with the hem of my robe's sleeve as I'm waiting for him to speak again.

"You can never be one hundred percent sure. I strongly advise you to do so." He urges me, yet I still feel there's no reason to go.

"I can't be pregnant, professor." I say shyly, knowing I'll have to confess to being a virgin or he won't let this go.

Professor Snape is visibly getting either irritated or anxious, or maybe a bit of both. "Yes, you can." He states as his eyes are fixated on my belly. If I'm not mistaken, I can see his eyes getting watery while they trail up to my face. It's completely quiet for a moment, a thick silence hangs in the air as his dark irises stare deeply into mine.

His hand slowly moves in my direction, but I can't tell his intention before he retreats because of my voice. "It really is impossible, professor." My voice comes out weak as his presence is doing unexplainable things to my body. He scrunches his eyebrows together and squeezes his eyes closed as he pinches the bridge of his nose. I have to say it... now. I take a deep breath as I pluck up all of my courage to tell him why.

"I am a virgin."

I flinch when he slams his fist on the table and angrily mutters something under his breath. A small gasp escapes my lips, making his eyes travel back to me and when he notices my posture, he quickly places his hand on top of mine. His action startles me, yet his cold and big hand resting on mine gives me a - hard to explain - sense of comfort. "I didn't mean to frighten you, Miss y/l/n. My apology."

He starts moving his thumb, brushing it against the back of my hand and I feel something erupting in my stomach. My body is tensing up as this minimum amount of physical contact is making me more excited than I've ever been with Harry. My heart is warming up and it feels like the whole world disappears around me, like I'm entering a different dimension, where everything's alright.

Feeling flustered by this sudden sensation, I retreat my hand, making his collide with the hard surface of the table. My eyes scan his face and find a hint of hurt in his eyes as he stares at his hand. He seems to need a moment to regain his composure as he stands up and turns his back towards me. There is great tension in the room, a few silent seconds go by excruciatingly slow.

"You're free to go now." He speaks towards the wall, his arms crossed in front of him and his broad back still facing me. I swallow hard, my eyes roaming around his posture, questioning him before standing up to leave.

Both my heart and my mind are racing as I step through the door and close it behind me. I take a few steps towards the slytherin common room before deciding I need a little longer to process what just happened. Closing my eyes, I let my body lean back against the wall, my back pressing against the cold surface as I take a deep breath. I try to steady my thoughts, calm my mind and figure out why I just felt what I felt and what it means.

"Recovering from your naughty detention?" A feminine voice asks, easily recognizable as Daphne's.

"W-what? No." I feel a bit disoriented when I open my eyes and look at the pretty blonde girl in front of me. "You're bright red, y/n." She chuckles before grabbing my arm and walking me towards the common room. "We're going to take some action. Right now." She says determined.