31 || Last encounter

My eyes widen in shock and I stare at him in disbelief. "W-what do you mean?" I stutter, completely taken aback by his words. A small smile can't help but creep up my face as I let his words sink.

"He won't be bothering you anymore, darling. He's transferring."

"Really? W-what? H-how?" I ask confused but excited.

"That's not important. You're safe now, my love."

"Sev..." I raise my eyebrows slightly, looking at him with a little fear in my eyes. "Did you do something... unforgivable?"

"We're not discussing this any further. He will be gone by Monday, that's all that matters." Severus sternly states while giving me his serious look.

"Se-"

"Not. Another. Word." He raises his eyebrows, daring me to continue and not in a teasing way.

"Okay." I look straight into his eyes and decide not to press the matter any further for the time being. By now my anger has subsided to a minimum. A smile slowly grows on my face, making my body relax while letting myself lean against the wall. Severus flicks his wrist and the door opens again. He gestures to the door while looking sadly into my eyes. "You're allowed to leave."

I sigh before walking closer to the door and reaching for the knob.

"I apologise... for making you feel upset." He mumbles softly.

Without thought, I turn my head to look at him.

"My only intentions were to keep you safe... but my methods made you upset... and I hate seeing you unhappy, my dear. Everything I do is to see to it that you're alright." His apologetic eyes make his words gain even more value.

My hand slowly withdraws from the door knob. My body fully turns towards him and I let my gaze go from him to the floor and back to him. A little sigh escapes my lips before I smile softly at him. "I understand."

Severus' face lits up upon hearing my words and within a few seconds he has crossed the room, standing close before me. He tries to embrace me but I stop him by placing my hands on his chest. "You care about me..." I start.

"Of course I do, darling. I care about you more than anything else." He quickly says while cupping my face.

"I know that. And I love you. But this can't happen again. You can't control me like that." I speak as I place my hands on his wrist.

"I feel I handled properly in this situation..."

I give him a stern look as those words come out of his mouth.

"...but I'll approach the situation differently in the future." He compromises.

My stern look changes into a happy one and the corners of my lips turn upwards into a smile. My arms wrap around his body and I pull him into a tight hug. He does the same and it makes me feel completely at peace. Feeling content with his apology, I relax in his embrace. His lips press against my head before he gently scoops me up in his arms and walks towards the bed. He puts me down on it and gets in on the other side, pulling me into his chest for a cuddle marathon.

A few hours into our lazy cuddle session I start playing with his hair. "Do you know how sexy I find your hair?" I whisper softly in his ear.