37 || New year's eve

After Draco brought me home, I immediately fell asleep as soon as my back hit my mattress. The next morning I wake up, my head throbbing and my memory one big black hole. I groan as I push myself up and lean against my headboard. I yawn loudly as I rub the sleep out of my eyes. Slowly but surely, memories come flooding back into my mind like unwanted images flashing before my eyes. As they settle in, I'm unsure of my feelings. Everything about last night is so confusing. I still can't figure out Severus' intentions. He had been flirtatious and sexual, but also humiliating and rude. As soon as thoughts about 'Olivia Clarke' come to the front of my mind, I hastily get out of bed and find something to occupy myself with.

As I rummage through my closet, my eyes fall on the New Years eve dress Draco got me. I run my fingers along the fabric and imagine myself in it when I'm on his arm in a few days. If there's one thing I'm sure of at the moment, it's that I'm determined to make Severus more jealous than he's ever been. If he thinks he can break up with me, let another woman call him 'Sev' and then pull stunts on me like he did last night, he is gravely mistaken.

In the nights leading to the big gala, I dream about the look on his face. I dream about his dark onyx eyes fixating on me and his fists clenching out of mind crushing frustration. I dream about his jealous gaze on Draco when he holds my hand. I dream about him suffering for hurting me. All of my dreams end in the same way though: his breath against my neck and his hands on my body.

On the big day, I'm sitting in front of my mirror, perfecting my makeup. "What are you doing with your hair?" Amber's voice aks curiously through the door. I see her face appear through the creak of the door. I smile and run my hand through my hair. "I don't know... I think I'll wear it down."

"Okay." She says while staring into nowhere and thinking visibly. "Then I'll wear mine up. Everyone should recognise you as the star of the evening." She smiles before leaving my room. My heart warms because of Amber's words and I realise how lucky I am with such a sweet sister.

After finishing my hair, I put on the sparkly dress and matching heels. I turn around to look at myself in my long ornate mirror. The dress fits like a glove and the silvery purple color perfectly compliments my complexion. Feeling more than content about my appearance, I walk down the stairs to meet up with my parents and sister. All of them look at me in awe as I descend. My mom has her hand to her mouth and approaches me with admiration filled eyes. "You look like a princess, honey." Her eyes scan me in the dress once again before she takes my hands and looks intently at my face. "My little girl is all grown up." My father says as he leans against the table with his arms crossed.

I smile at them as I let go of my mother's hands and walk to Amber. I link arms with her and the four of us leave to the Malfoy Mannor.

As we walk down the grand hallway towards the ballroom, my eyes wander to all of the luxurious decorations. "Blaise is going to introduce me to his parents tonight!" Amber enthusiastically whispers as our heels reverberate in the hallway. My attention turns to her. "I didn't know you guys were so serious." I whisper back in confusion.

She giggles. "We kept it a secret... but he wanted to make it official!"

"Have you two said the l-word yet?"

"Well... he said it... but I kind of freaked. I feel a lot for him, but I just need a little more time for love. He understood, which makes him so much more attractive. Oh you really don't know how much I like him." She rambles.

At the end of the hallway are Narcissa and Lucius, greeting all of the arriving guests. They look absolutely beautiful together. Narcissa is wearing an eye catching long silver dress and Lucius' commanding presence is more than enough to make him stand out from the crowd. When their eyes turn to us, I spot a small smirk growing on Lucius' face. They formally greet my parents before their attention turns to us.