08 || Orange or blue?

After slamming the door shut, tears pour out of my eyes. My head hurts so much it feels like it's going to explode and on top of that, I now have a massive problem that could change my life forever. Removing myself from the situation does give me some form of relief. Closing my eyes, I lean against the wooden door, taking deep breaths in order to calm myself.

A few minutes later, I feel a bit better and decide to go to Madam Pomfrey immediately. I can't stand not knowing any longer. With shaky hands and trembling legs, I make my way to the hospital wing, passing lots of carefree students in the halls.

Was I too hard on him? This must be overwhelming for him too. But still... he took my memories, I can't forgive him for that.

I take a deep breath before entering, mentally preparing myself for the following minutes. Madam Pomfrey greets me with a warm smile, inviting me in. "Hi. Uhm, I-I need a pregnancy test."

When I think she's about to give me a judging look, she just turns around and walks towards a shelf full of jars. "Here." She says as she turns back around.

"Is this a pregnancy test?" I ask confused as I'm looking at the little container she hands me.

"Yes. It's very easy and one hundred percent accurate." She tells me. "You simply take some of the ointment, rub it on your abdomen and wait for it to penetrate into your skin. After a few minutes your stomach will turn either bright blue or fluorescent orange. Orange means that you're pregnant, blue means you're not."

She looks at me with questioning eyes, waiting for me to confirm I understand. "Alright, thank you." I say before turning around and walking away. My hands are holding the container tightly out of nervousness. I try to hide it under m cloak in case someone recognizes it and tells the whole school.

When I've reached the dungeons again, I deliberate wether or not I should do this with Severus. I am extremely mad at him but I feel like we should do this together. With a big sigh, I stop walking towards the common room and change my course to Severus' private chambers instead.

When I reach the wooden door, I hesitate before knocking, thinking it through again. My head still hurts so badly to the point I know I can't make any thought out decision. I lift my right hand up to knock on the hard wood three times. It swings open almost immediately and a relieved looking Severus is standing in the opening.

"Y/n! You're back!" He tries to suppress his enthusiasm as he can probably read from my face that I haven't forgiven him yet. "Please, come in." He says gallantly.

The second I step into his living room, I feel at home. It's a comforting and safe feeling, and I hate it. I hate how nice it feels being here, how I would want to live here.

"We should find out together. Even though I still don't forgive you for what you've done." I try to sound as emotionless as possible. I put the container down on the table and take of my slytherin robe. Then, I roll up my blouse so that my belly is exposed, I unzip my skirt a bit and pull it down until it no longer covers my stomach. "Let's do this." My voice sounds a bit insecure and weak, a good representation of how I'm feeling.

"No matter what outcome, it's going to be alright, darling. You have me." He says sweetly as he takes the container off the table and unscrews the lid.

A part of me feels comforted, but another feels angry and irritated at his sweet words since I'm still fuming. "May I?" He asks while holding up the container. I nod slightly, secretly wanting to feel his hands on my skin.

My eyes follow how he dips two of his fingers into the container, scooping ointment out of it. He puts the container back down on the table and turns back towards me. "Are you ready?" His velvety voice sounds sweetly in my ears.