11 || Sleep deprivation

Ever since that nightmare I've been too scared to fall asleep. That night with Ginny, I ended up sleeping for about four hours and my excruciating screams almost shocked her to death.

Now that it's Monday, only the second week since school has started, I feel like I'm going crazy. The last time I slept was Friday with Ginny and now sleep deprivation is taking over my life. I'm still too stubborn to ask Severus for help, even though he definitely noticed a change in me. The man can't help but stare at me like it's his full time job.

The longer I stay awake, the more anxious I get about falling asleep again. I slowly begin to lose myself not only mentally, but also physically, people think I'm sick because of the enormous bags under my eyes. "Could you please just tell me what's going on?" Pansy asks as we're walking towards potions at around two o'clock.

"Like I said, I have trouble sleeping lately. It's probably just because of the breakup." I lie. Oh god, I hate lying to her. But I really can't tell her the truth, I would expose everything. We take a seat in the back of the classroom and soon after, Severus starts asking questions about our homework.

My eyelids get really heavy and I, stupidly enough, decide that it can't hurt to let them rest for a while. I quickly fall asleep, seeing as I'm extremely fatigued.

"You're really trying to get away from me, aren't you, darling?" Bellatrix smirks as she's straddling me on a big bed in a dark room. She has a knife in her hand and her eyes pierce through mine with a maniacal look.

"I think I just need to teach you that there's no escaping me." She cackles while tracing a line down my torso with her silver knife. "You're mine, y/n."  She presses it into my skin so hard that blood starts flowing out of my body. Her fingers collect some of my blood and she puts them in her mouth, sucking them off.

Suddenly, she comes very close to my face, holding the blade to my cheek. "Now look to your right, my dear." She orders, making a small cut on my cheekbone. As I avert my gaze to the right, I gasp when I see Severus standing against a wall. "Say 'bye bye Severus'." She laughs as she throws her dagger towards him and it hits him right in the chest. My eyes widen in shock-

"-miss y/l/n?" A low voice wakes me from my slumber together with someone wildly shaking my arm. I gasp as I'm being pulled out of my nightmare and it takes a while for me to adjust to my new surroundings. When I realize I'm in potions class, embarrassment fills my body as the whole class is staring at me. "Stay after class." Severus says sternly before continuing his speech and walking back towards his desk. Fortunately, my peers quickly avert their attention back to our professor.

"You better tell him what's wrong." Pansy whispers strictly.

"What? No. Why would I tell him that?"

"Because he's the head of our house and a professor! You can't keep this up for very much longer, y/n. You're going to have serious problems." She raises her eyebrows to give me a serious look. "Fine!" I respond to get her to stop worrying.

The rest of the lesson goes by incredibly slow and it's becoming really hard not to fall asleep. When it's finally over, I pack my bag and start walking towards the exit. "Where do you think you're going?" Severus' dark voice asks sternly. I sigh and turn back around, throwing my bag on one of the tables before crossing my arms and walking towards his desk.

He waits until everyone is out to speak. "I know what's going on, y/n." He states, his eyes boring into mine. His voice stirs something up inside of me, I feel myself being drawn to him and the temptation to just throw myself in his arms is getting bigger and bigger. Those enchanting onyx eyes still manage to mesmerize me every time, his voice never fails to make butterflies erupt in my stomach and his big hands always get my mind to think inappropriate thoughts. Then, I remember that I'm still mad and that this will never work out.