14 || The necklace

I bite my lip and smile to myself while walking back to my dorm. I probably look like a crazy person, but I don't care because I've never felt better. I sigh contently as I hum the password to the common room and walk in.

"Damn it!" Draco speaks angrily as he hands over a few galleons to Blaise. A victorious laugh sounds from Blaise's mouth while he happily receives the money. They're sitting on one of the black leather sofa's while looking at me entering the room.

"You are so fucking useless!" Draco spats in my direction. "Can't even die."

"Woah, hold up. I am not in class for one day and you bet that I am dead?" I look at them in disbelief while chuckling.

"You did it before." He scoffs, crossing his arms.

"Yeah, but-" I cut myself off. "Ok, you've got a point there... anyways, sorry for your galleons. I'll try to die next time!" I finish my sentence sarcastically while walking out of the room and towards my dorm.

"Y/n, there you are!" Amber exclaims as soon as I walk through the door. "Where the hell have you been?!"

"I-I-uh, I slept in Ginny's dorm and then I felt unwell so I stayed there the whole day." I lie, praying they'll fall for it. My eyes scan the room to find Pansy, but she's nowhere to be seen. "Where's Pansy?" I quickly change the subject.

"Ugh, who cares!" Daphne rolls her eyes. "We're waxing, come and join!" She grabs my arm to lead me to the bathroom but I stop her. "Actually, I think I'm going to see if I can find her." I yank my arm away and walk over to my bed to put the dreamless sleep potion in one of my nightstand's drawers.

"I think she went outside to smoke weed." Millicent tells me as I make my way back to the door. "Thanks." I send her a small smile before walking out.

A little while later, I find Pansy sitting near the lake. The fresh autumn breeze blows through her short black hair while she's staring at the rippling water of the black lake. A puff of smoke leaves her mouth, she's sitting with her knees curled up and her arms resting on top. I quietly walk over and sit down next to her in the grass. "How did you know?" She asks in a light voice.

"How did I know what?" I ask a bit confused.

"That you like girls." She turns her head towards me. Her eyes are red and there are trails of wetness going down her cheeks, glinstering in the moonlight.

"Well, I had always been pretty curious and open minded, even though I just assumed I was straight... but when I kissed Ginny something just clicked." I explain to her. There's a moment of silence in which she seems to be in deep thought, her eyes fixated on the dark water.

All of a sudden, she throws away her joint and places her hands on my jaw, cupping my face. Pansy presses her lips on mine and the scent of her perfume starts to overrule the weed. Her cold fingertips rest on my skin, giving me a tingling sensation. Her soft, plump lips stay on mine for a few seconds until she slowly pulls away.

Completely taken by surprise, my eyes open wide and I'm stiffened in my spot. She still has her eyes closed and breathes in deeply.

"Yeah, I'm a lesbian." She says before opening her eyes.

"Glad I could help." I speak hesitantly. "Oh my god. I'm so sorry, y/n! I totally kissed you without consent!" Pansy immediately apologizes. Her cheeks turn red from embarrassment and her gaze is glued to the grass.

"It's fine Pans. I just wasn't expecting that." I place my hand on hers to reassure her. Her eyes shoot up to meet mine, looking relieved. "So you're not bi?" I ask to divert the conversation.