9

"Arrival in fifteen minutes"

At the sound of the automated voice ringing through the cabin of the quinjet, I sit up from my slouched position and buckle myself in once again. The deep green of my suit matches the gas that I let pool out and dance across my fingers. I sigh and look up at the windshield before me to see my reflection staring back faintly, the bright green glowing of my eyes dulling back to a normal, human state when I let the gas dissipate.

Hopefully, the retrieval won't be a fight. Best case scenario, Wanda and Vision are safe and accounted for and willingly come with us. Then again, when has anything ever been that easy?

"Warning. Foreign ship in proximity" the voice speaks up again after about ten minutes.

I furrow my brows, sitting up more in my seat and leaning over to the controls before me. It could easily be Steve and the crew, but something deep in my gut tells me that it's not. My intuition is proved correct when, after prodding it to, the dashboard before me lights up with a hazy image of a spaceship, identical in shape to the one that was in New York, hovering over a small town. My breath catches and my heart jumps into my throat.

They found them too.

My hands fly across the control panel before me, ordering the Quinjet to land near the foreign space ship. My heart is pounding in my chest, adrenaline slowly seeping into my bloodstream and setting my body on edge. I don't know if Steve has gotten here yet, but I do know that Wanda is out there with Vision and she'll need backup.

The Quinjet sinks to the ground in the outskirts of the city just outside a train station. Just as the jet touches the ground, a crash from the train station catches my attention. I whip my alert gaze up in time to see the glass ceiling to the station shattered. Two beings, one slight and the other massive but both utterly alien crash down in after whatever went in first. I reach out with my senses and feel four heat signatures inside the station. Immediately, I know what the first crash was.

Wanda and Vision.

I jump into action, all thoughts flying from my mind as I sprint out of the jet the second the hatch lowers and sprinting towards the station. I let my eyes float up the side of the building until they lock on two ledges, one ten feet from the ground and the other another ten feet up. Not wasting a single moment, I launch myself from the ground and deftly grab onto the first ledge. I swing one leg up onto the ledge and use it to help propel myself upwards towards the second ledge. My heart is pounding in my ears as I near it, my fingertips barely grazing the stone panel jutting outing out of the building. I hold my breath as I just barely grasp onto the ledge, using every ounce of strength I have to haul myself up so my feet balance precariously on the small foothold.

When I stand slowly, the night breeze as gentle as it is threatening to throw me from my perch, my head just reaches the glass ceiling. I peer into it to see Wanda forcing herself to raise from the floor, blood dripping down the side of her face. She stumbles over to Vision, who lays limply on the floor with one hand pressed to his abdomen. My breath catches again.

He's hurt. That shouldn't be possible.

When my gaze flicks over to see the two alien creatures sauntering over to the pair, I jump into action, my adrenaline taking control. As Wanda positions herself in front of Vision, ready to take the two on herself, I launch myself through one of the holes in the glass ceiling and drop down into the fray. I land lightly, my feet barely padding against the concrete floor as I drop perfectly in between the two trespassers and my friend. I stand slowly, letting the green venom dance around my fingers and snake around my arms dangerously. The two beings before me look surprised, but their surprise quickly morphs into a smug determination that makes my stomach roll.