twenty two

1 year later

After what Finn said i never did go back to small heath i stayed in London with Ada and Karl. i haven't seen Finn  in a year or even spoke to him, i saw Arthur and Linda last month, Polly last week and Tommy at Christmas with Charles, Lizzie and her daughter Ruby who is as gorgeous as her mom.

Today is Karls birthday so me, Karl and Ada went out to get him a cake and some presents. We was in the book shop when ada got a call.

"is there an Ada Thorne in here?" was yelled across the shop by the cashier, she told us to stay where we are while she left.

"who was it?" i shouted as she left the store.

"neighbours said someone is in the house" she said leaving.

i brought the books for karl and gave them him to hold. "do you think it is a killer?" he asked crossing the street.

"don't be stupid it's probably just your uncle tommy" i said unlocking the door. Seeing Isiah and Mr Gold.

"Sunny oh my god you got beautiful" Isiah shouted squeezing me in for a hug. "it's been so long" he said letting go.

"yeah well thank you for the compliment if that even was one but why are you here" i said putting mine and Karl's coat away taking the books of him.

Isiah went to speak but Ada came out of the sitting room wiping her hands "oh SUNNY you're back" she said shouting my name making me extremely confused.

"yes i am" i looked between them all concerned "um anyway here's the books and cake i'll get the wrapping paper for you" i was about to go upstairs but she pulled me back.

"there's someone you need to see" she said softly guarding me to the sitting room. she pushed me in then shut the door.

"sunny?" a voice i've been wanting to hear for a year said. i turned seeing the boy who broke my heart yet made it flutter just by his touch.

"Finn" i said not moving. i missed him but he still fucked up bad.

"sunny i'm so sorry for what i did to you. I was ignorant and it was so uncalled for i- ahh" he spoke yet tried to move and stopped grabbing his left shoulder pulling his hand away with blood on.

"jesus Finn what happened?" i said getting a towel and moving to his side putting pressure on the wound.

"got shot" he said laughing at it.

"it's not funny you idiot you could of died" i said still trying to stop the bleeding.

"nice to know you still care after all this time" he said softly looking at me.

"i never stopped caring Finn, i never stopped loving you either but you told me to stay here and as much as it hurt it's what you wanted. i did it because i love you" i said still not looking at him.

"good" he said, i felt him pick up my chin making me look at him.His lips touched mine making the world spin around us just like the first time all over again. But no. I pulled away making him look at me confused.

"no Finn" i said standing up pulling my dress down.

"why, why no" he said now getting angry, there's the Finn that told me to leave.

"you pushed me away, for a choice that i made, a choice that was mine to make. you made me leave everyone i know. so no you can't just kiss me and make it all go away it doesn't work like that" i said now looking at him still sitting on the sofa.

"sunny i said i'm sorry there's nothing more i can do i want you back" he said now standing up looking back at me.

"you want me to come back?" i said taking a step away from him.

"more then anything" he replied taking a step towards me.

"to small heath or to you" i said taking another step away my back hiting the wall.

He put his arms on each side of my head "both"

"i will go to small heath but not for you. i will go because i want to and Finn" i said looking into his eyes. his eyes flickered between my eyes and my lips as he nodded.

"we will never be what we was again. not without you proving you love me first" i said cupping his face.

"i know and i will spend everyday proving it" he said. He wrapped his arms around my waist nuzzling his head into my neck. "i missed you so much i fucked up bad and i'm trying to fix it"