voice

pov:(Y/N)
it's been two weeks since they captured me. obviously i didn't like being here but it could be worse, i was just happy my friends were safe. i was in a lot of pain as the villains didn't have good medical supplies, just bandages and towels. my side and arm burned like hell and my wing was still useless, but i was ok. they had only switched my bandages once since the first day and now there were completely bloodsoaked and useless. i spent most of my time just sitting in my cell but at least once a day they would come in and take blood for their quirk change research or something. they'd given me my quirk back because sometimes a villain would get hurt and they were brought to me to heal them. that was at least rewarding, knowing i lessened someone's pain. i passed the rest of my time by singing. music had always been something i loved, it was calming and beautiful but could be energizing too. i wasn't a very good singer but i loved doing it so when i was weak from the pain, healing, and blood loss, i would sit down and sing or hum quietly to myself to distract me. i've found that my healing powers work better when i sing or hum, maybe because it calms me or something? i don't really know but it works. this time, i sat in the corner and sang a familiar tune softly, uraraka's favorite song. i missed her so much but i was just glad she and the others were out of danger. just then, shigaraki burst into the room with dabi draped over his shoulders. "hey! i need some help, dabi's been injured" he yelled. i struggled to get up off the ground and hoisted myself onto the bed. shigaraki set a barely conscious dabi down on the bed next to me, pointing to his head which was bleeding badly. "how did this happen?" i asked. "doesn't matter, the less you know about our plans the better. i don't wanna have to kill you so you can't know any more". i just nodded and laid dabi's head on a pillow next to me. i gently placed my hand on his wound and closed my eyes. i hummed a soft melody and felt warmth spread through my  hand and into his head. i felt his wound close beneath my hand and transferred some more energy into him to wake him up, my vision blurring the more i gave. he stirred and sat up slowly. "...thanks", he said grudgingly.

pov:shigaraki
i watched as she healed him, entranced. i'd  forgotten how beautiful her voice was! dabi sat up and i snapped out of it, going over to stand in front of the bed. "she healed you ok?" i asked him. "yes.", he said shortly, walking out of the room. i was a little confused, he should've shown a little more appreciation, but this was dabi so i wasn't super surprised. i looked back over to (Y/N) and saw her leaning against the wall, her breathing shallow and face pale. i remembered that we'd already taken blood from her twice today plus her wounds still hadn't healed, so healing probably took more of a toll on her than usual. my expression involuntarily softened and i sat on the bed next to her. "lift up your shirt and sleeve, we need to change your bandages or they will get infected." she looked at me and hesitated before lifting up her sleeve and placing her hand in mine. i unwrapped the bloody bandages and saw what looked like newer marks on her skin, not quite cuts but definitely intentional. i looked back up at her and she looked away, trying to pull her hand back. i just held on tighter, "how did you get these? there's nothing in here". still looking at the ground, she held up her other hand, fingernails bloody.
okokok short A/N: this was actually my first form of self harm. i would scratch my skin until i bled and then keep going. i didn't realize it was self harm at the time lol but i still have the scars
i was slightly horrified but didn't change my expression. "why would you do that, we hurt you every day why do you need to hurt yourself", i asked, trying to keep my voice even. she didn't answer. i grabbed her face and turned it roughly back towards me, "answer me". "fine. give me your hands.", she said softly. "why?", i asked, confused. "i can transfer my emotions into you briefly so you'll understand", she said. "...okay", i said, grabbing her hands with both of mine. she closed her eyes and her normally cold hands grew warm in mine. suddenly, i felt foreign emotions flow into me. i felt worthless, ugly, deserving of pain. i needed the physical pain to distract me from the pain inside. i felt a crushing sadness overcome me and a tear slipped down my face, more threatening to spill over. i wanted to bleed, starve, disappear, die. i couldn't believe she felt like this all the time, i could barely handle it for 10 seconds! now i understood the plates of uneaten food piled up in the corner and the new marks on her skin and the reason she just let us take her. she has no regard for her own well-being at all, all she cares about is that her friends are safe. she let go of my hands and all those feeling vanished. i looked at her, speechless. "now do you understand?" she asked, lightly brushing the tear off my cheek before turning back around to face the wall again. i didn't know what to say, but suddenly i didn't want to hurt her anymore. we need to convince her to join us as soon as possible. i stood up and left the room, locking the door behind me as always. i heard soft singing and stopped outside where she couldn't see me. i just sat there, listening to the sound of her voice until it began to break. i heard a quiet sob and realized she was crying. my heart broke a little bit but i just stood up and left, not wanting to show any sort of care. i wanted her to be happy but one thing was for sure: i would never let her go. she would stay with me and the villains for the rest of our lives, even if it meant making sure she had no friends to go back to.