⚡️denki ending⚡️

pov: (Y/N)
a gentle breeze lifted my hair slightly as i sat in the grass, picking wildflowers and weaving them into a crown. i hummed as i worked, deftly braiding the stems into an intricate rope and securing the ends to each other. i heard footsteps coming towards me and looked up to see denki, who promptly sat down beside me. "whatcha doin?" he asked, and i showed him the flower crown. "oh pretty! hey, i wanna show you something, come with me?" he asked, and i nodded. "sure! where to?". he winked and took my hand, "it's a surprise~". i laughed, "mk", and followed him around the back of the school. he led me to a small, run down gazebo on the outskirts of the grounds, now decorated with fairy lights and flowers so it looked absolutely magical! "oh my gosh denki this is beautiful! did you do this?" i asked in awe, eyes wide with wonder. "well, i had some help" he said with a smile, putting an arm around my shoulder as all the girls ran out from behind it. "surprise!!!" ochaco exclaimed, and i hugged all of them tightly, "guys this is amazing! you did this for me?". "yup! now we're gonna go though, have fun!" mina said with a wink towards denki, scurrying away excitedly with the others close behind. i looked at him questioningly and he flushed pink, putting a hand behind his head. "uh, yeah...anyway um you know how we've been friends for ten years now?" he asked, and i nodded with a smile, "mhm! it's been so great!". "well, i think it's about time i told you something. i wanted to tell you before, but i didn't know how and i kept getting scared and stuff but i think i have to just do it. i love you (Y/N). i've loved you since we were kids. when you'd always take the bugs outside instead of squishing them, when you'd always be kind and welcoming to everyone you met, when you'd give me your umbrella in the rain even though it meant getting wet yourself, when you'd cry whenever we saw a dead bird on the ground, when you never hesitated to help everyone no matter what. every time i saw you i lit up, and when we were apart for so long all i could think of was you. only you. you've been everything to me since the moment we met, and i don't know what i'd do if i ever lost you" he said sincerely, holding both my hands in his and looking deep into my eyes. i didn't say anything for a few seconds, eyes wide and blushing as i searched for words. "denki i- i love you too" i breathed, throwing my arms around his neck and nestling my face into his shoulder, "i don't know why i didn't let myself feel it before". a year slipped down my cheek as i smiled uncontrollably, letting him engulf me in his arms. i lifted my head and he kissed me like he'd been waiting to his whole life, entangling his hand in my hair and leaning down until he was the only thing keeping me from the ground. when we finally broke apart, i was breathless and he was smiling like a fool, both of us blushing deeply. "god, why didn't we do this before?" he asked, cupping my face in his hands and laughing like he couldn't believe it. "i'm glad we finally got our act together" i laughed, placing a small kiss on his nose.