🐙tamaki ending🐙

pov: (Y/N)
a gentle breeze lifted my hair slightly as i sat in the grass, picking wildflowers and weaving them into a crown. i hummed as i worked, deftly braiding the stems into an intricate rope and securing the ends to each other. i heard footsteps coming towards me and looked up to see haruko and haruna running towards me as fast as the could. i laughed as they threw themselves into my arms, "hi suki! we missed you suki! guess what? look what we have! somebody told us to give this to you!" they said excitedly, and i smiled, taking the folded up piece of paper haruna was holding out to me. they each sat on one of my crossed legs, excitedly waiting for me to read the note out loud as they weren't the best readers yet. "alright alright, calm down guys" i said with a laugh, unfolding the note and looking inside. "oh, it's from tamaki, how sweet! 'dear (Y/N), i don't think i can put in a note, or even words, what i want you to know, so i'd like to show you if you're willing. meet me at the gate, love tama. p.s. i got permission, don't worry. (oh, and i paid the kid in candy).' oh, he wants to take me somewhere? ah, sorry loves but i don't think you're invited..." i said, looking back at haruko and haruna. "how about you go play with kiko? i'm sure she misses you!". they nodded happily and scampered away, laughing as they went. i smiled and shook my head, standing up and making my way to the gate at the front of the school where tamaki said he'd be. when i reached it though, he was nowhere in sight. "tama?", i called, and a timid voice panted "i'm here!", from around the corner. tamaki came running happily up beside me holding two small loaves of bread, handing me one with a smile. "sorry i'm late (Y/N)". i laughed and hugged him as a greeting, "oh don't worry about it, i don't mind at all! but uh, if you don't mind me asking, what's the bread for..?". "it's a surprise, just follow me. i've already gotten permission from both of our teachers to leave the grounds, no need to worry ok?" he said, holding out his hand to me shyly. i took it and nodded, smiling up at him eagerly. "ok! do i get to know where we're going or..?". "not yet, it's a surprise remember? you'll know when we get there", he said, giving my hand a little squeeze and leading me out of the gate. i complied, following him through streets and parks until we reached a quiet, sleepy part of town. there were barely any buildings, just trees and grass and ponds and nature. he led me under an overgrown wooden arch, pulling me into what felt like a sanctuary. a small bridge crossed over a clear pond, apple blossom trees surrounding it all like a halo. white petals sometimes drifted from the branches, landing to float peacefully on top of the barely rippling water. beautiful fish swam beneath the crystal surface, and a family of ducks swam near the edge as birds chirped from the treetops. "tama, this is...beatutiful" i said breathlessly, and he smiled. "i thought you'd like it. i found this spot when i was walking around town and thought of you", he said, and i followed him out onto the middle of the white painted bridge, looking down at the colorful fish swimming gracefully along. "now the bread", he said with a smile, breaking a small piece off of his loaf and tossing it to the nearest fish. i nodded and did the same with mine, giggling a bit as the other fish figured out what was going on and started coming over too. soon the ducks joined, and one little one even came up to the bridge and ate directly from my hand! "aw this is so nice, it was so sweet of you to think of me and bring me here!" i said to tamaki, and he smiled back at me, "well, if i'm being honest, it was a little bit selfish too. i've been wanting to get something off my chest for a while now, and it feels wrong to keep it from you even if it pushes you away from me. i care about you too much, and even though i would be devastated to lose you i have to be honest. i know the chance of things working out in my favor isn't good, but i have to be honest." i met his eyes and tilted my head to the side a bit, questioning, as if to say 'go on'. he took a deep breath, "i think i'm in love with you." my eyes widened and i blushed, the rest of my bread slipping from my hands into the water. "tama...i...really? you're sure? because, i don't know, i thought you didn't think of me like that, like i'm younger than you and you're way too good for me and stuff and i never thought you'd like me back because i really like you too but i thought-" he leaned down and kissed me before i could say anything more. "i'm sure", he said with a smile.