return

YALL 17K READS IM GONNA CRYYYYYY THANK YOUUUU BUT ALSO WHO IS READING THIS SHIT IM DOING THIS FOE FUN 💀💀💀💀 ANYWAY IT REALLY DOES MEAN A LOT THANK YOU ILL STOP TALKING NOW

pov: (Y/N)
after quite some time i felt...actually alright. they finally let me out of the medbay and everything was mostly back to normal! well, i mean i can see perfectly again and my mind is far clearer than it was! as for my friends, they stayed by my side every second they could, and even now they worry and fuss over me and obsessively make sure im ok. it's very sweet, and it means so much to me that they care but i wish they didn't need to! i wish i could go back to being the one caring for them because now i feel so guilty. they feel the need to treat me like i'm fragile now, like if they don't watch over me i might get super sick again! i suppose if anyone else was going through what i am i'd have the same reaction, but somehow it's different when all you've ever known is caring for others. it's strange being the one cared for.

pov: iida
i knocked on her door at 6:30 that morning, hoping to walk her to school. it was the first day she was allowed to be back and we'd organized a little party to celebrate! nothing big, sato had just baked a cake and each of us had gotten her a gift, even mr aizawa! she opened the door, "oh hi tenya! i'm almost ready i'll be out in a second, but you can come in if you'd like" she said with a smile. i nodded and went in, sitting down on the edge of her bed, "hi (Y/N)! do you want to walk to class with me?". she picked up a silver barrette with a little moon on it off her dresser and clipped her hair out of her eyes, making sure to grab all the little baby hairs. (i think it's called a barrette? maybe it's just a hair clip though? bobby pin? either way i think it's quite pretty, or maybe it was just her...) "sure, i'd love to! ocha and tsu said they had to go early today anyway, so i've got no prior engagement" she said with a wink, slinging her backpack over her shoulder and sliding her shoes on. "great! it's beautiful outside today" i said with a smile as we walked out the door. "ah, i've gotta say bye to the twins and give them kiko before we go is that ok?" she asked, and i nodded, "of course! but...how are you gonna give them kiko if she's not here?". (Y/N) smiled and moved her hair slightly, revealing the tiny kitten sleeping on her shoulder. "she's right here! it's her favorite place to sit". i laughed, "i see! she's so small, i didn't even notice her". after we'd dropped kiko off to be babysat by the twins (and their babysitter) we continued on our way to school. (Y/N) got distracted a few times by butterflies and squirrels and other cute spring things, but we made it there on time nonetheless.

pov: denki
as soon as (Y/N) arrived with iida, the class scrambled to grab all of our gifts, running over to hug her. "we missed you so much!" "it's so good to see you!" "welcome back!" we were ecstatic! "aw you guys! i missed you so much too! what's all this?" (Y/N) laughed and smiled, hugging everyone back tightly. "well, we're all so happy about your return we decided to have a little celebration! with permission from the teachers, don't worry" iida said, and she smiled even wider, blushing a little. "oh my goodness, that's so sweet of you! you really didn't have to-" "shh, just let us do this for you!" i interrupted, pressing a finger to her lips, and she nodded reluctantly. "great! now sit down, it's present time!" tsu exclaimed, and she complied with a laugh, "presents?". "of course silly, we love you!" uraraka said, and we all agreed. just then, mirio, tamaki, nejire, and takai from class 3A came into the room, each carrying a present of their own. "hey (Y/N)! we heard about this little party and it took some convincing, but we're allowed to be here too!! gosh, it's so great that you're back" mirio said brightly, wrapping her up in a tight hug. "aww you guys are here too? i'm so glad! i missed you guys" (Y/N) said, hugging them all back. "ok ok now sit down!! i wanna give you my present first!" ashido said, and within a minute she had everyone seated in a big circle on the floor. she got up first, handing a curious (and slightly confused) (Y/N) a big pink box with a bow. (Y/N) carefully unwrapped it and lifted out a mass of fuzzy fabric, holding it up to try and figure out what it was. her eyes lit up and she smiled, "oh, a blanket hoodie! aw i love it! thanks minaaaa" she said, and ashido smiled back, "i know you're cold a lot and you like blankets and stuff so i thought you'd like it!". next she got some new fabric and yarn from tsu, a bouquet of pretty flowers from midoriya, a set of cat shaped measuring cups and spoons from uraraka, and a moonstone chess set from todoroki. "oh my gosh shoto! this is so beautiful and sweet but why in the world would you spend so much money on me? moonstone's precious!" she exclaimed, flattered but surprised. he shrugged it off, "my dad won't miss it. besides, you're precious too!" a chorus of "awwww!" came from every single girl in the room (plus kirishima and i), and we laughed a little at that while (Y/N) thanked todoroki profusely. next, kuromiya gave her one of those friendship lamps that light up the other person's when you touch yours. she knew she'd have to go back to america soon and this would be a sweet way to keep in touch (haha)! from kirishima, she got a necklace with morse code engraved on the charm. "what does it say?" she asked, and he smiled, "butterfly". this appeared to mean something to her because she gave him a huge hug and thanked him repeatedly. bakugo scoffed when it was his turn, handing her an oddly shaped parcel wrapped in brown paper. (Y/N) opened it and pulled out a beautiful birdfeeder shaped like a little house. "for outside your window.", he mumbled, not meeting her eyes. "aw katsu this is adorable! i love it! thank you!" she said, giving him a hug too. he smiled despite himself and let her. all the other gifts were things like stuffed animals, jewelry, and books, and i got her a scrapbook filled with pictures and collages of our friendship. we've been friends for longer than anyone else here except maybe kuromiya! she loved it, even got a little teary! we thought we were done, but it turns out mr aizawa had a present for her too. "here. thought it might make you happy" he said with a small smile, handing her a little box. she looked surprised and opened it, lifting out a delicate chain with an intricate oval shaped pendant on it. (Y/N) separated the two halves of the locket, looking at what was inside. "hiro...you brought me hiro...thank you" she breathed, throwing her arms around aizawa and smiling uncontrollably as tears streamed down her cheeks. he looked a little surprised but allowed it, even hugging her back a little bit! (Y/N) let us look at the locket once she'd dried her tears, and inside was a picture of (Y/N) and a boy. they both looked to be a few years younger than we are now, and he had brown hair and light amber eyes. he was laughing, one arm around her shoulders as she tucked a flower into his shirt pocket. they were both smiling, the sunlight making them almost glow. "this is hiro?" todoroki asked, and she nodded. "i call him hiro. his real name is akihiro tanji, he was my best friend when denki and aku weren't there". "was? what happened to him?" midoriya asked, and she looked down. she hesitated for a second, but said "he was the one kidnapped with me. he was killed trying to save me, i wouldn't be here if it wasn't for him. he was so sweet and kind and selfless, and his last words...he said he loved me. and that he'd always be there for me. now i guess he can be" she said softly, looking lovingly at the little picture.

pov: (Y/N)
class wasn't much learning that day, aizawa kind of let us slack off and go outside. i guess he was feeling generous? either way it was amazing! i wasn't scared to wear short sleeves anymore, everyone had seen them anyway so what's the use? we sat in the garden and talked and played games all day, enjoying the warm spring air and sunshine. even katsuki caught himself smiling a few times! i love all the presents people got me and sato's cake was delicious, overall i was just so happy to be back, i missed everyone so much!

HEY YALL OK FINALLY WE ARE A FEW MERE CHAPTERS AWAY FROM THE END!! I HAVE EVERYTHING PLANNED OUT BUT ITS GONNA TAKE QUITE A WHILE TO UPDATE, JUST LETTING YOU KNOW :) WHO WILL YOU END UP WITH?? WILL YOUR ENDING BE HAPPY?? IDK YOULL HAVE TO WAIT TO FIND OUT SORRY JUST STICK AROUND JUST A LITTLE LONGER!! I LOVE YOU!!