formal (part 2)

part two wheeeeee i don't have much to say this time, hope you like it! <3
it's reeeeealllly long i'm sorry-
also enjoy this pic of the not-quite-sunset i took

pov: (Y/N)
we walked into the building and took off our jackets, hanging them in the coat racks and looking around. the whole ballroom was decorated with silver garlands and snowflake confetti, beautiful people in elegant outfits dancing or just walking around. there was a snack table over at the other side with fancy food (some of which was unrecognizable) and just regular things like cupcakes and chips. i brushed some snow off my hair and waited for everyone else to come in, going up to shoto once he'd gotten his jacket off. "you look great sho! i knew the suit we picked out would look amazing" i smiled. he smiled back and looked me up and down, "you look beautiful (Y/N), we chose well didn't we" he said, taking my hand. "and you're wearing the bracelet i made for you too!" i gave his hand a little squeeze, "yup! i wear it every day!" he was practically glowing with joy and it made me really happy just to see him smile like that. someone pulled me away, "ooo he looks pretty happyyyy". mina's singsong voice whispered in my ear and i blushed a little, playfully batting her hand away. "i'd be happy too if someone likes something i made for them, doesn't mean anything!" she rolled her eyes and nodded sarcastically, "mhm, sure". i noticed tamaki standing in the corner as always and went up to him, lightly tapping his shoulder. "hi tama!" i said with a smile. he turned to face me and his expression shifted into happiness, "hi tsukina, you look beautiful" "you look great too! and you can call me (Y/N)" i said, taking his hand and pulling him towards the group. "come on, hang out with us! it'll be more fun if you're there too! if you really don't want to you can always leave but will you at lease come say hi?" he nodded and walked alongside me, not letting go of my hand. we approached the rest of the group and nejire gawked at us, "you got tamaki to come over here? he never hangs out with us!" i looked up at him and saw he was blushing, still holding my hand. "i guess it's never too late to start right tama?" he nodded again, "yeah". "why do you always choose him over me?" takai said, appearing out of nowhere and standing in front of us. "oh takai, you're thinking about this too much! you aren't the only person i can hang out with you know" i said, shaking my head. "will you at least dance with me?" he asked, holding out his hand to me. tamaki held my hand a little tighter and pulled me closer to him, "actually she's gonna dance with me for this song right (Y/N)?" he asked, looking down at me. i went along with it and nodded, "mhm, sorry takai" i said, giving him a small smile. he crossed his arms and pouted but nejire came up behind him and whacked him in the head with her purse. "oh leave her alone, flirt with girls your own age!" she scolded, keeping him occupied and waving her hand for us to go. tamaki led me into the middle of the crowd on the dance floor so we wouldn't be easily found and pulled me closer, placing his hands hesitantly on my waist. i looped my arms around his shoulders and smiled, "thanks, you didn't have to do that" he smiled back, clearly nervous about the crowd but willing to stay for me. "no i...wanted to dance with you anyway" he said shyly. my heart melted a little for this sweet boy and i went up on my tiptoes, giving him a quick kiss on the cheek. "i wanted to dance with you too." his face flushed a bright red and his eyes darted around as if not quite sure where to look. "hey it's ok! look at me, forget those people are even here. there's no need to be scared tama" he nodded and met my eyes, still obviously nervous but starting to get more comfortable as we moved across the dance floor, occasionally spinning or something to make it look like we actually knew how to dance. the song ended and he bent down, giving me a small kiss on the forehead before taking my hand again and looking the other way to hide his blush. my face turned pink and i was at a loss for words, tamaki had kissed me! i mean not a real kiss but still! does he like me or was it just a heat of the moment thing? do i like him?

pov:takai
i had found another girl to dance with, one who i knew liked me. i'd gone up to her and tapped her shoulder, offering her my hand and sweeping her off to the dance floor with me. she was very pretty and nice enough and there's no reason to dislike her but she's not...my pixie. i told myself i was dancing with this girl to make her jealous but i think it was a precaution. like if she really doesn't love me i'd have a backup plan? it sounds so douchey but hey, i'd never felt like this before. i kept looking over at (Y/N) and tamaki dancing together seeing how happy they were and how lovingly he looked at her and i couldn't help but be a little jealous. why does she like him and not me? i'm tall and handsome and strong and powerful, what does he have that i dont? the girl i was dancing with seemed to catch on to this and poked my abs to get my attention. "what are you looking at? i thought you wanted to pay attention to me" she said, looking up at me. "right, sorry." i said, turning my attention back to her and twirling her before pulling her back into me. "you're a good dancer takai" she said, breathless. "i know" i replied with a smirk, scooping her up in my arms and carrying her back to her friends once the song ended. i bowed to her in a princelike fashion and waved to her as i walked away. i could hear her squealing to her friends behind me and i smiled, glad i hadn't lost my charm.