four

it's been a full week and everyone in the house was getting different. it didn't feel the same to derek. his parents fight this and there, but his father didn't even speak a word to him this whole week.

derek rubbed his eyes as he kept feeling tears forming in his eyes. he just doesn't want to lose his dad, what so ever. he needed him and his mom. he has no one else that is there for him, beside kobe.. but they haven't met in person.

he hope he can trust kobe, because he doesn't want to believe in him and then kobe leaves afterwards.

he got cut off when he heard a knock on his bedroom door. he looked over and immediately started tearing up when he seen his dad standing at the door.

"hey i needed to talk to you about something, if you have time"

his father said while looking at him. derek nodded before scooting over a little, letting his father sit beside of him.

"listen.. no matter what, this will never change between me and you. i'm going to only move two hours away from here, you can come visit me or call me. and i know what you're going to say, i know it's not going to be the same, but i think this is the best for me and your mom"

derek nodded while playing with his fingers.

"it's just, why you have to move two hours away? why not only an hour or thirty minutes away?"

derek said while looking at his father, while tears fell down his eyes.

his father sighed before grabbing his hand, "look i'm sorry but it would be more awkward if i stayed around here. but i promise you, i will never replace you at all, you will always be my number one"

derek couldn't help but break down into crying. his father sighed before hugging derek as he cries.

"look i know it's hard for you, for us.. but i think it's better if me and your mom just split. because all we do is fight and that's not a healthy relationship, i want her to find someone that will make her happy"

"be truthful, is this because of me?"

"what you mean about that?" his father asked while looking up at him.

"ever since i came out gay to you guys, you guys just started fighting.."

derek said while playing with his fingers. he was scared that was the reason of why they were splitting.

"no no it's definitely not because of you, it's just.. we both basically lost feeling for each other. it's not different, because most couples doesn't stay together forever"

derek nodded not knowing what to say at the moment.

"well i'm sorry to break this to you, but it time for me to leave. but always remember, i'm just a phone away. i'll be there for you with anything you need me for"

his father said while playing his hand on top of derek, while rubbing it softly. derek nodded before he hugged his dad, probably for the last time.

"i'm going to miss you so much, but i actually think this is a good idea because i can't stand seeing you two fight all the time. and i'll be truthful on this one, i used to blame myself because of this. i kinda still think this"

derek said while laying his head on his father's shoulder. he continued crying but not too hard. his father hugged him before kissing his forehead.

"again stop blaming yourself because of this, it's not yours.. it's mine and your moms problem to deal with, but i promise i'll try my best to call you, if i don't, you can call me"

derek nodded before hugging his dad one more time before they both headed downstairs. derek helped his father bring his things out to the car.

"i will try my best to come visit you more than anything.. i feel bad for leaving you guys, but i don't want to ruin anything anymore. but this is a goodbye for now. i love you son"

his father said while kissing derek's head before derek seen him get into the car. once he pulled out, derek walked back into the house. he seen his mom still crying which made him go over there and hug her.

"i'm sorry baby, this is definitely is going to be hard without him in the house, but i didn't want you to be blaming yourself because of us fighting. it's sure isn't your fault at all. you coming out is not the reason why we splitted. we just lost feelings for each other, it's not easy tho but we wasn't in a healthy relationship"

derek hugged his mom before kissing her cheek and heading up to his room. when he laid on the bed, he heard his phone going off and seen kobe was facetiming him. he answered it before seeing his face pop up.

kobe was smiling but stopped when he seen derek's face. "hey de, what happened?" he asked worried. "my dad left.." derek said while looking down.

"aww i'm so sorry, wish i could hug you and tell you it's okay.. but sadly i can't since i'm far away" kobe said while sighing. "i'll be fine kobe, don't worrry about me" derek said forcing a smile on his face which kobe noticed. "you're not going to be fine, if you need me, i'm here"

**
they talked for the past four hours before they ended the call. when they did, derek hugged his phone before he broke down crying. it's definitely not the same, his father leaving isn't right for him.

he was the only one that taught him lots of things, except for his mother. but he played basketball with his father and everything, now that's all gone.

he never imagine losing his father like this, not getting to see him everyday he wakes up now. he won't feel the same, calling him because he always talked to him in person not on the phone.

he continued and continued blaming for the cause of this. he knows his parents told him it's not his fault, but he will always continued blaming himself no matter what..

it's not that simple to lose your father like that :/

*
this is horrible but ran out some ideas.. sorry :( enjoy tho