Prologue

Aurora Black was many things. At a young age it was very clear she was meant for great things in life. At two years old she showed magical abilities, and at three she showed mutant abilities. Her mother being both a witch and mutant herself was ecstatic. Her father not quiet knowing if it was a good or bad thing.

Her mother was Marlene McKinnon, a very beautiful bright witch who also was gifted being a mutant. She attended Charles Xavier's School for the Gifted, there she learned to control her powers. Her mutant powers consisted of manipulating metal and empathy. Aurora inherited these powers along with so much more making her the most powerful mutant alive in her time unknowingly to her.

Her father was Sirius Black, known in his earlier years as apart of a group calling themselves the Marauders. He was apart of the notorious Noble House of Black. Being disowned at sixteen years old he lived with the Potters. James Potter being a fellow Marauder. Growing up he lived an unhappy childhood, being physically and mentally abused by his parents to protect his little brother.

Aurora had her fathers hair but her mother's eyes. Unlike her father she lived a happy childhood with her fathers best friend Remus. From the age of five to ten, Remus and Andromeda could no longer handle the chaos Aurora's powers were causing around the house. She was sent to the very school her mother learned to control her powers.

Aurora's powers were virtually limitless. Among her abilities she had telepathy, telekinesis, electrokinesis, manipulate matter, energy and thoughts, create cosmic energy flames. Her telepathic abilities range from just reading minds. She can use it as a telepathic defense meaning she could seemingly make herself invisible as well as others from people's minds surrounding her. Her telekinesis goes beyond levitating items, she's able to create force fields along with psionic weapons. She was only eight years old when the Phoenix force had made it's way to her. This wasn't the first time the force has been inside a mutant, the last being Jean Grey. She however could not control the force inside her and it killed her. With the help of Charles, Aurora was able to control it. Making her the most powerful mutant alive.

During holidays Aurora would go home to Remus and Andromeda. Andromeda was her fathers twin sister. Her and Remus fell in love while they were at Hogwarts unsurprisingly to everyone around them it was "bound to happen", she along with Sirius were burned off the Black family tree. Learning of Regulus' death and Sirius' sentencing it broke her heart. Being the godparents to Aurora they took her in as if she was their own.

While being home Remus would teach Aurora how to use her magic, learning simple spells along with the history behind them. She loved to learn but had her fathers mischievous attitude. She would prank her cousin Teddy who also was her best friend. Pranking neighborhood kids getting her into trouble often.

Never in a million years did Aurora think she'd find herself fighting in a war like her parents did.