Ch 49: Department of Mysteries

Fred and I had been on better terms since Christmas. Though nearly every other day we fought about something whether it be about faithfulness or the amount of work has been put on his shoulders.

A couple weeks ago Amelia had randomly left with no explanation but a note for George. It took him a while to tell me the contents of the note. It appeared I was right all along. She somewhat blamed me for Cedric's death, seeing me everyday had taken a toll on her. Everyday she saw me she saw Cedric's dead body. I knew she missed him dearly and I didn't blame her. If Susan had died I wouldn't be able to function.

     It affected George tremendously. He loved her with every ounce in his body. I know she did too. Leaving had to of taken a toll on her and been a hard decision. Though I couldn't help but feel guilty. George would disappear randomly then come back a couple days later. The days he was here he barely left his room. When he did he didn't talk or eat. It was as if he was a different person now. He wouldn't step foot downstairs in the shop. Fred had been working more than he ever has, having to call the weekend workers to come during the week as he could not do it all by himself.

The atmosphere at the flat was far from comfortable. I found myself frequently going anywhere but the flat. I'd go to Grimmauld Place or New York as much as I could to avoid fighting with Fred.

I stood in the arena looking down at the young students. I looked to my side as Kitty looked at the students harshly.

"We will not go easy on you!" Jubilee yelled.

"We did this just like you!" Kitty said.

"Let the fun begin" I said. "First up is Ilyna Rasputin."

I smiled looking at the last name instantly recognizing it.

"I knew your older brother. Hope to see the same mentality" I said.

The blonde haired girl sent a small smile as the other kids came up beside us. Jubilee turned the lights off as we saw a pair of eyes glowing light blue.

After all the studenta had gone we dismissed them.

"I'm glad you're back" Jubilee whispered.

"Me too" I smiled.

We walked outside the arena when someone tapped on my arm. I turned around to see Ilyna.

"What can I help you with?" I smiled.

"You knew my brother?" She asked.

"I did. He was very brave and a great teacher. I had the honor of being one of his first students when he came" I said.

She smiled as tears began to form in her eyes.

"Just because he's gone does not mean he's not with you in here" I said pointing to her heart. "He died a hero but he'll live with us all through this."

I pointed to the yellow X on my suit. She ran off to find her friends as I walked up to Jubilee and Kitty who had waited for me. We walked to the backyard where Scott and Alex were with a handful of students. I smiled as Alex kneeled down to talk to a young boy. I had a sense that there was something wrong, something I couldn't quite pinpoint.

After the classes we had with students we all went back to the X quarters.

"Has Susie talked to you?" Alex asked.

"Her, Harry, Hermione and Ron had founded a group to start training" I said. "Umbridge has pretty much taken over Hogwarts. Susie hasn't responded to me much since then, I suppose Umbridge is going through the letters."