Ch 56: Wake Up

"Alex. Alex please wake up" I cried.

I held his head in my lap on the ground.

"Get Hank!" I yelled to Emma.

She got up running down the hall of the X quarters. I placed my hand over Alex's heart looking for a heart beat. It was faint and slow but still there. I felt tears stream down my face as Hank ran up to us. Scott and Kitty right behind.

"What happened!" He yelled.

"I-I wasn't paying attention. He jumped in front of me. Wanda did something to him" I said.

Scott helped Hank bring Alex's body into the nearest room setting him on a bed. The tears continued to run down my face. Kitty came up wrapping her arms around my body. I didn't take my eyes of Alex's body. Hank began hooking him up to machines.

     "His heart beat is faint" Hank said.

     I walked over to Hank grabbing his arm.

     "I know I wasn't the best student growing up and gave you a run for your money. But please, please help him. I can't, I can't-" I imagined the worst as I cried.

Hank grabbed my arm nodding. He ran off to find Charles. Scott and Susan ran in.

"What happened!" Scott yelled running up to Alex.

"He jumped in front of me. It's my fault I wasn't paying attention" I cried.

Susan wrapped her arms around me when Hank came running back in with Charles and Logan behind him. Hours went by, Logan having to drag me out of the room. Storm and Jubilee had to drag me up to my room.

"You need some sleep" Jubilee said.

I laid in bed not saying a word as she shut the door. It's my fault. I rolled to lay on my back staring at the ceiling. Little glow in the dark stars at the top. I felt a faint smile form on my face. I began crying, not being able to breath. What if he died? Those words replaying in my mind until i felt myself lose consciousness.

I looked around to white flowers everywhere. I watched Susan run past me in a yellow flowery dress. I turned around to see who she ran to. Alex stood there in a sleek black suit, behind him was. Me. I was in a long white dress with long sleeves.

"Mum and dad just got here" Susan said.

"You sure you want to do this?" Alex asked.

The other version of me had a huge smile on her face.

"I've never been more sure of something in my life" I said.

I smiled realizing what I was witnessing. Our wedding. Alex held his hand out as I grabbed it. The two walking past me smiling. Susan right behind them.

"I love you Alex Summers" I said.

"And I love you Aurora Summers" he smiled.

The scenery changed to a graveyard. It was the X-Men graveyard. I looked at myself crouched down to a tombstone, tears streaming down my face.

"I'm so sorry" I cried.

I walked to the other side of the tombstone. Ororo Munroe. Storm underneath her birth name. I felt my heart being pulled out seeing her name. Tears formed in my eyes as another figure walked behind me. I turned my head slightly to see Erik in his suit and helmet on.

"You did that to her" he said. "I had no choice but to kill her."

I turned to my other self as I stood up turning around to face him.