Ch 1: Fight Club

Edited 6/2/21

"Do you think he's cute?" Kitty asked.

I looked up to her from my magazine.

"No Kitty I do not think Bobby is cute. But I think you have a crush" I smiled. I continued on reading my magazine as she rambled on.

She threw a pillow at me.

"What!" I yelled.

"Do you think he likes me?" She asked batting her eyelashes.

"We are only eight years old we don't need boyfriends" I said setting my magazine down.

"Ugh fine!" She said. We walked out of my room and went to the lounge.

We sat on the couch watching tv. Jubilee came from the hall sitting beside us.

"Girls shouldn't you be training with Charles?" Mystique asked coming up behind us.

My eyes widened.

"Aurora told me we didn't have to go today" Kitty said looking at me.

I slowly turned around to find Mystique with a stern look on her face.

"He's waiting for you three outside" she said.

We all changed quickly and were walking down the hallway when Jubilee started talking.

"Aurora next time I'm not listening to you. He's probably going to go hard on us now" she whined.

"Grow up you'll be fine" I said.

They both rolled their eyes.

We were walking through the grass looking over to Charles with other students.

"Girls I'm glad you decided to come. I assume being late is your doing Aurora?" He asked smiling. "Aurora you will be up next!"

"Ugh" I said.

He threw a punch to my left which I quickly dodged. He continuously threw punches, dodging every single one of them. His legs kicking one of mine bringing my body to the ground. I laid on the ground as my breath was taken aback.

"You are a good fighter but you must watch your opponents every move" he said holding his hand out. I quickly took it and stood up. "Kitty next!"

I walked near Scott who huffed.

"Not funny" I said.

"Kinda funny" he responded.

"It won't be funny when I take your stupid goggles off" I said.

He looked at me pretending to be hurt.

"My heart" he said his hand over his heart.

I rolled my eyes and turned my attention back to Kitty and Charles. I looked over to Alex talking with some of his friends, glancing over sending a smirk my way. I continued on watching Kitty and Charles.

"Alright students time for the arena since some of you came late" he said. The other students glaring at Jubilee, Kitty and I.

We walked inside to what was nicknamed the arena. It was a room filled with illusions to control our powers and when to use them, it also had objects ready to fling out at us at any given moment.

"Aurora you're first" Charles said smiling.

I walked through the door as the lights turned off. I got this. I got this. I opened my eyes back up and the illusions started. Sometimes the illusions were physical things such as the robots or things flung at us. It was different to each person as we had different powers.