Ch 30: Dragons

Edited 6/4/21

Professor Sprout had given Cedric and I our very own specially made Hufflepuff jerseys for the first task. I had told Cedric about it however he was a little occupied with the seeker from Ravenclaw to listen.

I pulled the jersey over my head before pulling on my boots. I began brushing out my curls. I was brushing the left side when the brush got stuck in my hair.

"Ahh!" I screamed frustrated. I finally got the brush out. I grabbed a bright yellow scrunchie pulling my hair into a low pony tail.

I walked out to the common room to many of the students cheering and clapping.

"I haven't competed yet don't get your hopes up!" I yelled.

"You got this Black!" A seventh year cheered. We all went down to the great hall for breakfast.

I sat at the edge of the table along with Amelia and Cedric. Amelia was just as anxious as she was when Cedric got chosen.

I glanced over to the Gryffindor table to see Fred sitting in between Alicia and Angelina. I felt my heart sink. Katie however was no where to be seen.

Just when I felt somewhat okay she walked in kissing Fred on the head. I looked down immediately feeling like my heart was taken out of my chest.

"You're looking good today Princess" Ernie said sitting on the other side of me.

I felt Fred's eyes on my figure.

"Kiss me" I mumbled.

"What?" Ernie responded not believing what he was hearing.

"Do it!" I mumbled.

He laid a kiss on my cheek, I looked back over at the Gryffindor table to see Fred enraged.

McGonagall appeared calling for the champions. Cedric and I glanced at each other before getting up. All five of us followed her down to near the pitch. She motioned for us to enter a red tent. Inside was the three headmasters along with the Minister of Magic and Rita Skeeter. They began talking to one another when I heard a whisper from outside the tent.

"Susie?" I questioned.

"I wanted to wish my sister good luck" she said quietly. I smiled as she said this. She jumped out grabbing onto my body.

"I'm going to be okay Susie" I said.

"Be careful" she said worriedly. She ran off before the Minister began speaking.

     "This bag contains the dragons you will fight against" he said.

     I stood in a circle along with the other champions staring at the bag. I glanced at Harry slightly smiling. I could sense how scared he was. Fleur put her hand in pulling out a Common Welsh Green dragon. Cedric did the same pulling out a Antipodean Opaleye dragon. Soon it was my turn, I pulled out a Peruvian Vipertooth.

"Very aggressive best of luck!" The Minister whispered.

"Great" I whispered.

     The champions were to go in alphabetical order meaning I was the first to go. Although I didn't show it I was scared. I had never encountered a dragon before.

I walked through the very narrow way to the arena where my dragon was waiting for me. The students had caught site of me as I stood near the opening. Cheering erupted angering the dragon. I look to the right to see it messing with the chains around it. I look and see the golden egg.