Ch 11: Slytherin vs Gryffindor

Edited 6/3/21

     Amelia and I were walking down the hall talking.

    "Who do you think Wood is going to play seeker?" She asked.

     "Not the faintest idea" I said.

     "Aurora!" Harry yelled behind us.

    "Harry!" I responded. He ran towards me nearly knocking me over.

     "I'm. Gryffindors. New. Seeker" he said out of breath. Amelia and I both looked at each other.

     "What? Did you try out? First years don't make the team they're not even allowed brooms" I said helping him up.

     "I'm the new seeker" he smiled. "I don't know how to play. Can you help me?" He asked.

     I smiled.

    "Of course. Meet me at the pitch at six tonight. I'll get Cedric to get the quidditch case from Madam Hooch" I smiled.

     Harry ran off once again.

    "A first year? Playing quidditch?" Amelia asked.

     "He must be darn good if they're allowing him to play" I said.

     We got to the common room to find Cedric and Ernie sitting at one of the tables.

     "Cedric mind doing me a favor?" I asked.

     "Anything for you princess" he responded smiling.

     "Can you get the quidditch case for me? Around five thirty?" I smiled.

    "For what?" He asked.

     "Want to practice a bit" I said.

     "I guess. Could've asked me to help" he said.

     "Well Amelia here is going to help me" I said smiling.

      He looked to Amelia and then back to me.

     "Okay" he said.

     Six o'clock came faster than I expected. I slipped on my Hufflepuff quidditch jumper and my quidditch pants. My black boots were not in my closet. I tore my room upside down looking for them. I walked over to Amelia's room and knocked. Her roommate Olivia answered her door.

     "Is Amelia in there?" I asked. She nodded. "Are my quidditch boots in here?"

     Amelia looked underneath her bed and threw my boots to me.

    "Thank you" I responded pulling them on.

     I met Cedric near the pitch with the case.

     "Have fun" he said.

    "Thanks" I responded grabbing the case. I dragged it to the pitch to find Harry walking back and forth. He noticed me and stopped in his steps.

      "Ready?" I smiled. He shakily nodded. "I need to grab my broom. You can use my old one for now." I jogged to the Hufflepuff locker room grabbing my broom and going through the old ones to find the one I used to use.

      I came back setting the brooms down. I opened up the case.

    "Alright Harry, this right here is the quaffle. That is what chasers like me shoot through those hoops" I said.

     "Like basketball" he said.

    "Kind of yes" I smiled. He looked at me almost surprised that I knew what that was.