Ch 9: The Prank

Edited 6/3/21

      Fred and I walked through the hall.

     "Diggory is seriously making you tryout?" He asked.

      "He said I need to go" I said.

"Bunch of crap" he said.

"Aurora!" A high pitch voice said behind us. I turned around to see Susan running towards me. "I need your help quick!"

I kneeled down to her.

"What do you need help with?" I asked smiling.

"Should I wear pink or purple?" She asked holding up two different sweaters.

"They both would look beautiful on you" I said slightly pinching her cheek. "But I think the color yellow suits you."

She smiled and nodded running back to the direction she came from. I looked up to Fred who was smiling as I stood up.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing. You just looked good talking to her- um I mean it looked so natural for you" he said turning red.

I couldn't help the smile creep on my face.

"Want to prank the Slytherins?" I asked.

"Course darling" he said.

I ran to the kitchens to grab buckets while Fred went to get the ingredients. We met near the dungeons in one of the abandoned bathrooms.

"Pour that in there" I said pointing to one of the vials. Fred poured it into one of the buckets. The contents in the bucket started to turn a bright pink. I looked to Fred smiling. We did the same to the rest of the buckets. Fred checked to see if anyone was passing by. I levitated the buckets to over the Slytherin gargoyle.

"Do you think they'll know it was me if I blast the gargoyle?" I asked.

"Just do it" he said. With my left hand I created a psionic ball throwing it to the gargoyle. Many Slytherins began pouring out. I levitated the buckets over the opening of their common room, I titled my right hand dumping the contents of the buckets onto the students. All of them instantly started itching. I snapped my fingers and the buckets disappeared. The students started screaming. Fred and I began running. I didn't notice until I turned around to see we went separate ways. I turned back around and ran straight into another student.

"I'm so sorry" I said realizing who the student was.

"It's quiet alright" the boy said fixing his glasses.

"Harry!" I said smiling.

"You know me don't you" he said tilting his head. "I can tell."

"Let's chat for a bit" I said.

We sat down on a bench in the courtyard. He fiddled with his hands before he spoke.

    "How-" he said before I had cut him off.

    "You might not remember me but I remember you. I remember when you were first born I was excited" I said smiling.

    He sat there staring at me.

    "Our fathers were best friends. James and Sirius were the most iconic duo Hogwarts had ever seen" I said. "Teddy remembers you too."

    "Teddy?" He asked.

    "Teddy is Moony- uh Remus' son. He was also best friends with our fathers" I said.

    "How is it that you can read minds?" He asked.