Ch 58: Civil War

I looked at both my parents as they sat talking to one another. Susan sat in the middle of the two with her head leaning against our fathers arm. I could feel both my parents eyes scan my every move. As if they knew something was up.

     "Sweetheart I think Remus wanted to see you" my mother said looking at Susan.

    Susan looked to me knowing something was wrong, I winked as she stood up exiting the kitchen.

     "They know you killed him" my mother said softly.

     "I know" I responded not looking into her eyes.

     "A fight is coming" she said.

     "I know" I said once again.

    "This isn't you" she said.

    "You don't know what goes inside my head!" I snapped. "He killed Storm in cold blood, doing the same to Mystique! He was going to come for me! I had to."

     Tears began to form in my eyes.

    "It's my fault the brotherhood of mutants are wanting a fight. I have to help" I said standing up.

     I walked out of the kitchen as neither had another word to say. I slowly walked up the steps to the first room. I opened the door looking around going straight for the trunk that sat at the edge of the bed. I clicked the buckle opening it to find the very thing I was looking for. I grabbed the white suit putting it on. I pulled on the white boots before looking in the mirror. The entire suit being white except for a black fabric around the wait with a yellow X in the center. My appearance being drastically different since the first time I put on a suit, my now white hair sat on top of my shoulders. I walked down the stairs back to the kitchen.

     "I love you both" I said looking at my parents.

     "Be careful bean, Wanda is powerful" she said.

      "Don't worry" I said exiting the kitchen.

     I found Susan sitting on the couch with a book in hand. I smiled before pulling her into a hug.

     "Stay here" I whispered. 

     "I can help" she said.

     "You're a child, you are to stay here. You hear me" I said pulling apart.

    "You fought as a child!" She snapped.

    "I had proper training! No discussion I am not putting you in danger, you already are in this world" I said.

    She sat down crossing her arms. I kissed the top of her head before closing my eyes. I reopened them to outside the doors of the school. I opened the door to see kids running around frantically. I see Hank and Logan running back and forth between students when Hank noticed me.

    "Aurora?" He questioned almost not believing I was there. "I thought you were spending some time with your parents?"

"Had to come help" I said.

    I smiled as he engulfed me into a hug. Then went back to making sure the students were prepared to leave soon. I walked to Charles office to find Kitty, Jubilee, Scott and Alex talking with Charles in their suits. I sent a quick smile as did they. Charles began to go on about the letters from Wanda. I quickly realized Peter would not be here, my heart sank knowing he was fighting against us. We all walked out escorting kids out of the school.