Ch 31: Party

Edited 6/6/21

         Aurora,

Peter and Scott have been fighting way too much. It's getting to the point where they can't even be near each other. Charles is sending us on our first mini mission with Mystique and Professor Hank. I wish you were with us but soon enough you will be!

On another note I'm worried for you. The tournament sounds terrifying, I don't doubt you will take care of yourself but there are people in your world wanting you dead. Always watch your back I need you to come out alive.

We all miss you Aurora and can't wait to see you please respond as quick as you can we all want to hear from you. Good luck on your first task we hope you do well.

       Love,
         Kitty (Storm and Jubilee)

       I sat at the edge of my bed reading Charles and my fathers letters. Amelia walked into my room dressed up.

     "Aurora! My best friend!" She yelled walking towards me.

      "Have you been drinking?" I asked as she stumbled onto my bed.

     "Of course not" she smiled. "Let's party. There's a party in the Gryffindor common room."

      "That's the last place I want to be" I said walking to my desk setting the letters down.

     "You're a champion you have to!" She sang. She began dancing around my room before going to my closet. She continued to sing as she threw clothes around.

A couple minutes later she came out with a yellow sleeveless romper.

"I'm not going" I muttered as I began responding to my father.

"Yes you are" she sang.

I rolled my eyes as I grabbed the clothing from her. I walked to my bathroom and began changing. I stared at myself in the mirror wondering if something was wrong with me. Why? Why me?

My thoughts were interrupted by Amelia banging on the bathroom door. I put on some light mascara along with chapstick. I walked out of the bathroom to find Amelia looking at the letters sent from my father.

    "Aurora" she started.

     "Don't lecture me Amelia" I interrupted her.

     The common room was nearly empty as most of the students had already gone to the Gryffindor common room and the first, second and third years already went to bed.

     Amelia's heels clicking through the halls as we walked. She began talking but I wasn't listening. I didn't want to go to the party. I didn't want to see Fred. We got to the fat lady to find a designated Gryffindor there to let students in. He said the password and the portrait opened. We walked in to all eyes on us as cheering erupted.

      "How's your stomach?" Someone asked.

      "Did it hurt?" Another asked.

      "Everybody I'm fine! Now let's party!" I yelled.

     Shots of fire whiskey began to get passed around. I took shot after shot. I wanted to feel numb.

     I looked around the room to find Fred sitting alone on the couch with a cup in hand staring at the fire. For a split second I felt an urge to sit beside him until I saw a Ravenclaw girl sit beside him. I turned around and walked outside the common room. I walked and walked until I slumped down to the ground with my head in my hands.