Ch 23: Womping Willow

Edited 6/4/21

       A day later we were finally able to go back inside our common rooms. Amelia and I slowly walked inside the common room along with other Hufflepuff students to find everything back in order. We walked together to my room, stopping in front of the closed door. I put my hand to the knob slowly turning it to find my room the same as it was the day before. I walk in turning around to Amelia.

"It's fine I can do it myself" I said softly smiling. She frowned before walking away.

I began picking up my letters that lay on the floor. I looked at one from Peter, I then realized I hadn't told my friends what I had learned, the only person I had told was Alex. I sat down at my desk writing to Kitty. A couple minutes passing I placed the letter in an envelope leaving it on my desk as I began picking up things from the floor again.

An hour later my room was looking relatively better. I noticed scratch marks on the wall nearest my bed. I walked up to them slowly placing my right hand directly on it. I closed my eyes seeing flashes of a dog? A black dog roaming the woods of the Forbidden Forest, he's hurt. I opened my eyes backing away from the marks. I changed into all black clothing to find Fred and go looking for the black dog. I could tell it wasn't a normal black dog but he was hurt.

I began running to Gryffindor Tower to grab Fred. I found George sitting alone looking at his hands, mumbling words to himself. I walked towards him kneeling, startling him. He quickly put his hands in his pockets.

"Aurora!" He said smiling.

"What ya got on your hands Georgie?" I asked smirking.

"Nothing, nothing. Looking for Fred?" He asked quickly.

"Show me your hands" I said. He shook his head. "Fine" I held my right hand up glowing yellow as his hands sprung out of his pockets. I placed both of his hands in the palm of mine.

I began reading the words on his hands.

"Aw Georgie finally expressing your love for Amelia?" I asked.

He rolled his eyes snatching his hands away. He stood up walking away.

"Where's Fred?" I asked.

"Black Lake" he said before running away.

I started walking towards the Black Lake when I caught sight of Fred with another person. That other person being Angelina. I held my breath watching the two sit together, talking, laughing. I felt tears form in my eyes but quickly walked away before hurting my feelings anymore. They are just friends. They are just friends. I kept repeating to myself. I was walking down the hall to the edge of the castle when I heard quick footsteps behind me. I turned around quickly with my wand raised to Fred.

"Why do you sneak up on me!" I said turning back around continuing to walk.

"Aurora stop" he said as I continued to walk.

"I wanted your help with something but clearly you were busy" I said.

"It wasn't like that, we're friends" he whined.

I continued walking with Fred behind me as he kept talking. I muted him out as I was edging towards the Forbidden Forest.

"Stop Aurora! You're going to get hurt!" He said.

I turned around snapping.

"I need to go in, if you won't go with me I'll go alone" I said. I watched as he walked towards me grabbing my hand walking in first.